Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Interview length

derekc
Adventurer C

@Passenger1C Thanks so much man Im so happy I just cant believe its actually happening 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@derekc  when do you start?  How long did the entire process take from you applying to getting the job offer?  Stoaked for you buddy! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

derekc
Adventurer C

I appiled online on January 20th I got the phone interview on the 29th and then the F2F interview on February 19th and got emailed a job offer on February 20th I just went for fingerprints today and now just waiting on my background check to clear to get my start date 

derekc
Adventurer C

Ok so its been awhile since I posted anything quick update last year right before the pandemic started I got hired by Southwest as a Freight Agent at LAX I had my security badge and everything the only thing I needed was my start date and then the shutdown happened and 1st they delayed my start date before eventually having to take my job offer away.... fast forward to now the same position was posted on the careers page I applied again but does anybody know of there's anyway I can just pick up where I left off or do I have to do the whole interview process again?? 

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @derekc 

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! I understand we had to rescind many offers due to the impact on our business from COVID-19 and we appreciate your understanding and willingness to apply again. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we would need you to apply again and move through the process like last time, just as any other candidate would have to move through the employment process. 

Wishing you the best of luck this go-around!

Joanna F.

hleesc
Explorer A

It’s giving you the opportunity to know yourself and be ready to answer questions be yourself and smile. You’re going to do just fine and Good luck. 

Revdeon
Explorer C

I would say that's pretty accurate...the interview I had was about an hour and half.