Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Interview

Joanied
Explorer C

I was a flight attendant with SWA for almost 20 years before retiring in 2008. I loved my job and only retired after our 6th child was born. I was so excited when my daughter expressed interest in flying as well. She applied last February during the inflight open period but has not heard back since. She received notice that her application was successfully submitted. I realize that SWA was most likely flooded with applications and it would logically take some time to work through them all. We have tried waiting patiently. Is there any way to check up on her application? Her name is Rachel Hughes. I know she would be an asset to Southwest. It's in her blood! Her aunt is a flight attendant as well.

Thank you for your consideration,

Joanie Darden #11396 (Mom)

Pamela LeBlanc #30739 (Aunt)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Interview

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Joanied

Has your daughter checked the portal where she applied on the Southwest career site? I know they have updates there such as "under review" or "closed/complete" and that might help with providing a status update. 

also for your protection if you could edit your post to remove your phone number as this is a customer to customer forum and Southwest won't be able to reach out by phone from here and I wouldn't want someone to call you unauthorized. 

Blake 

Re: Interview

Joanied
Explorer C

Thank you. Will do

Closed Complete

Deborahgcolon
Explorer C

Good Afternoon,

What does Closed complete mean specifically? I’ve read a lot of different answers but no set answer. Could anyone help? I’ve waited for a long time to be a part of the Southwest family and have more than enough experience. My status went from “received” to “under review” to “closed complete”. Is that a good thing? A bad thing? Hopefully someone can help. Thank you.

Re: Closed Complete

bec102896
Aviator A

@Deborahgcolon

From what I have learned from others here "closed/complete" means that the position has been filled. 

hope this helps

Blake 

Re: Closed Complete

Deborahgcolon
Explorer C

Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate it.