Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing Destination 225°

Arla
Explorer A

Fantastic news! The invite to test was indeed quick - yes that was almost immediate. Even though it's only been a week since the test, I am incredibly anxious to move forward. Have you attended your interview yet?

Canela88
Explorer B

Right? Same here! Ive really been learning the meaning of patience the past couple of months lol. 

I did go to the interview this week. The facility tour is great and the recruiters and pilots are all very sweet and just as excited about the program. And may I add, all the applicants interviewing were great people!

Arla
Explorer A

Great to hear, but doesn't surprise me at all. Southwest certainly has a knack for attracting and retaining superb talent and I am thrilled to even be considered for this fantastic opportunity. Any idea when you might hear something? Are the classes for 2020 already filled?

Canela88
Explorer B

Hi Arla! Hope you had a good weekend!

They said it would take a couple weeks. As far as we were told they're looking to fill the May class and possibly add one for April. So definitely not far out. 

Arla
Explorer A

Hello again,

It's been 13 days since my test. So incredibly anxious to hear something. Then again, if they are already scheduling May, even if they offered me a slot, I suppose it would be sometime off. I'm mostly concerned about my age as I may only have 12 years to fly once the training and teaching is completed. I hope they don't count that against me. But then again, maybe they'll never have to pay me captain's pay, so perhaps that is a benefit.

I was just curious how many people interviewed with you. Males? Females? Thanks again for the info.

Arla

Canela88
Explorer B

Hopefully you'll get the email soon 🙂

Oh, don't worry about your age at all. Never too old. We had someone fresh out of high school to someone who is a grandparent, the spectrum was all over the place! 

I was in the Afternoon session and there were about 10 of us. The morning session seemed to have more, maybe 15 or so. Both had a good mix of both genders, but I couldn't tell you the exact numbers.. can't really remember. 

rjtayl2
Explorer C

Hello,

I was wondering about the application part of this process. How much information are we expected to know for the ADAPT test? Is it just to show enough aptitude that we can learn the material since we are starting with no experience, or is it something to put off applying until I can study for it further?

Thank you!

Canela88
Explorer B

Hi rjtay!

Honestly, I'd say don't put it off. I promise I am not the brightest and scratched my head more than twice.. three maybe four times during the ADAPT test haha.

I'd say most of it is personality questions. Then some basic algebra, some science stuff and the "flying" part. Math and science isn't bad you'll be provided with formulas. I didn't get to answer all the questions for both parts so don't stress! 
I felt a little overwhelmed at the end, but overall I hear they're not looking for perfect, or good. Just someone who can understand the basics and have a decent personality!

Have fun with it and dont forget to use the formulas provided 🙂

MaryKirk
Explorer C

When taught correctly, the social sciences help as much, or even more, than math to develop analytical and critical thinking skills.

https://writemyessaysonline.com

Arla
Explorer A

Hi again,

Just checking in. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm still waiting for my interview date, but I believe it will be in January. When are you starting at CAE? How is the process preparing for that going so far?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Arla