Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing a new Southwest careers website experience

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

@vlaracuente wrote:

I have not been able to figure out how to create a profile. I would like to have the profile and resume in the system when the window for this position opens. I would truly appreciate any help with this.

Thank you 🙂

1. Click here:
https://careers.southwestair.com/

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button that says: Join Talent Community

3. Upload your resume, fill out your personal information and click Submit

4. Keep checking the Southwest Community for announcements of future Flight Attendant postings.

5. Check the Southwest Jobs page every day for Flight Attendant postings.

6. Be patient and don't give up hope!

Good Luck!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @vlaracuente,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest Airlines! You are completely correct -- you can start the application process for a currently open position to create a profile prior to the posting going live. We are working to make this easier for Candidates in the near future -- we apologize for the inconvenience!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JulieGombas
Explorer C

Kelby, I created a profile and downloaded my resume specifically for a Flight Attendant position. I am also interseted in being a Ticket /Gate Agent for Southwest. When a position is opened for either of these things, would I get notified if I created a profile ahead of time? Also, when you apply for the position do you resubmit your resume? Thank you, Julie Gombas

bellyjean62
Explorer C

Thank you! I posted a question regarding the application process and this answers part of my question. 

jennyjjo
Explorer C

Hi there,

I successfully submitted an application for the flight attendant opeing that came out last Feburary.  I have been waiting to hear back.  When I follow the prompts to go into my dashboard to check the status, it says submission received.  Can you please advise.  Thank you. 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jennyjjo,

Thanks so much for your continued interest in a Career at Southwest. Because of the overwhelming number of applications we received for this role, it can take longer than usual for our Team to work their way through. Applicants are reviewed by our Team in the order which they were received. We appreciate your patience as we work through the many applicants for this role!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jennyjjo
Explorer C

Okay, great. Thanks for the update.  I appreciate the quick response. Will do!

jennyjjo
Explorer C

Continue to be patient that is 🙂

Ridgell99
Explorer C

As a new applicant, I am attempting to apply for a job but when I click "Apply Now" it asked for my login and password. I do not have one since this is my first time but it isnt redirecting or giving me the option to register. Would you help me with creating a profile so I can apply for an open position.

Thanks,

Andrea

Shari-Ann
Explorer C

Hello Kelby,

I too, like some of the others, applied for the FA position in Feb when it was last open. I received an email back saying that I had successfully applied: 

I received the Feelin Lucky email which said:    If you’ve received this email we can confirm that you’ve successfully applied to the Flight Attendant position with us! Yes, it’s true - lucky YOU! 

Like others, I have followed your link and did the steps required to review my application status but cannot see where I've applied. And I too fear that I have been lost in the shuffle.

Can you help?  

Respectfully,
Shari-Ann O. Gagnon