Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Introducing a new Southwest careers website experience

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

We want you to be excited about the potential of a career at Southwest Airlines, and today, we launch a new careers website experience that will help us continue to recruit the very best People for the very best airline. Welcome to Careers.SouthwestAir.com.

The new site offers intuitive and personalized job search features, as well as a glimpse into the hard work our Southwest Warriors do every day, so you can get an authentic look at potential careers.

Please visit the site to apply to join the Southwest Family, or sign up for job alerts, and Join our Talent community to be updated when new opportunities become available.

If you’ve recently applied for a job with Southwest and are looking for your current application status, you will need to access the email you received when you applied. It has a link to your dashboard in the body of the message.

If you can’t access your dashboard from the email link, please follow these instructions:

• Go to Careers.SouthwestAir.com.
  • Click “Jobs” in the navigation pane.
  • Click on any job—you will not be applying right now—from the available opportunities.
  • Click the yellow “Apply Now” button on the top right of the screen.
  • Enter your email address when prompted, then click “Next.”
  • Click “Returning Candidate? Log back in!”
  • Log in using your previously-created Southwest.com/careers username and password.
  • You will be taken back to the apply page, but you do not have to apply to the role if you aren’t interested.
  • Then, simply click “Dashboard” next to your name to access your dashboard, which is where you can update your profile, access past job submittals, and more.

If you’ve never created a profile with us, we hope you find an opportunity that interests you on our site soon to do so!

Please note: If you have previously applied for a Flight Attendant role and are looking for your application status, you will need to access the specific Inflight dashboard by following this link.

We know you’ll love working at Southwest Airlines, but you don’t have to take our word for it:

• Named to FORTUNE’S list of World’s Most Admired Companies. Southwest was ranked as the #8 Most Admired Company, and is the only commercial airline to make the Top Ten.
  • Named among Forbes’ Most Reputable Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
  • Recognized as a Top 50 Employer by Equal Opportunity Magazine.
  • Designated a 2018 Best Place to Work (and our ninth consecutive year on the list) by Glassdoor.

Visit Careers.SouthwestAir.com today and discover what makes your Heart beat.

Kelby
Southwest Careers
44 REPLIES 44

Re: Introducing a new Southwest careers website experience

Saunjuli
Explorer C

I just recently popped over to the LUVBUG careers site and saw the changes. I'm sure Southwest gets a massive amount of potential candidates a day and this site seems to be cleaner and more focused than before, so great job on revamping the site! I have two questions pertaining to the ELD Program and I-O Psychology in the People Department.

When is the next opening for the Emerging Leadership Development Program? Will it be added to the career site when it's time to apply?

I am finishing up my Bachelor of Science in Business and Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Does Southwest use I-O techniques or theories to advance it's Human Capital? If so are there any internships geared towards I-O students?

Thanks a Bunch

Saunjuli

tcrowley
Explorer C

Hi,

Can you tell me how i start the process of becoming a flight attendant ? 

Thank you so much 

Tracy 

eebrogan
Explorer C

Hello Kelby - I hoping that you can help me. I applied for the FA position in Feb when it was last open. I received an email back saying that I had successfully applied: 

Position: 2018-21940  Flight Attendant  

Application Received:  February 6, 2018

I even received the Feelin Lucky email which said:    If you’ve received this email we can confirm that you’ve successfully applied to the Flight Attendant position with us! Yes, it’s true - lucky YOU! 

I've always been able to see the status of my application on my dashboard but since the new careers web site came out I can't even see where I applied for the position at all. There's nothing except some positions that I inadvertently applied for in trying to find my FA application. Can you help me find it? I have a great fear that it is somehow lost.  

Thanks.
Edward Brogan

MWalsh
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

I am getting ready to apply for the Baltimore Station Administrator and wondered if you can please provide me with the Hiring Manager's name, job title, and contact information so that I can properly address them in my cover letter. Can you please assist me this request?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best,

Mary

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @MWalsh,

Thank you for your interest in a role at Southwest! Unfortunately, we cannot provide this information for each role. We recommend you address the letter to the Southwest Recruiting Team. Best of luck throughout the application process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

zoli70
Explorer C

Dear Kelby!

Hello my name is Zoltan from Monument CO, I have been contacted with you before about the Flight Attendant positions! Unfortunately I missed it! I would like to know that whenis going to be an new opening? How can I be have an alert when the position is open? Please help help me with guidance! I had this alert set up but I forget how I do it! Thank you for your help in advance! 

Sincerey 

zoltan

MWalsh
Explorer C

Hi Kelby,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry. I went ahead and submitted the application, so fingers crossed! 🙂

Thanks for your assistance.

Best,

Mary

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @eebrogan,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining the Southwest Team! Rest assured -- your application has not been lost. In order to see the status for your submitted Flight Attendant application, you will need to access the specific Inflight dashboard by following this link. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Faulknlm
Explorer C

Edward-

I have experienced the same thing.  I applied on Feb 5, I received the same set of emails you mentioned in your post and now on my dashboard the job has vanished.

Have you had any success locating an answer to your question?

Best of luck to you!

Liza