Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing a new Southwest careers website experience

Jennie0395
Adventurer C

@KelbyTansey New layout looks sleek. Also, I was wondering if you can help me with my problem. I applied for the customer service agent position at Chicago Midway on April 13th. I got my phone interview April 24th and was told I would hear something in one week. However, it's been over 6 weeks and I haven't heard anything from a phone call or an email. My application status has been at "in progress" since April 23rd, a day before my phone interview. Can you please help me and give me some insight into what's going on? Am I still in the running?

Bpoppie46
Explorer C

My suggestion is to hire attendants that will do well dealing with irate customers since your constant flight delays will no doubt keep people leaving in droves and complaining on their way to better carriers.

Havoline28
Explorer C

Dear Kelby,

I have worked with a Southwest Recruiter before in years past, but I don't seem to have that option any longer?  Is there any way to get an interest letter and my updated information to the People Department other than only updating a Talent Profile on here?

Thank you!

Russell

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Saunjuli,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! We will be accepting applications for ELDP in the early fall. 

We have internships available in our People Department for Organizational Development and Leadership Development, as well as in our training facility -- Southwest Airlines University (SWA U). It sounds like either of those could be a fit for what you are looking for. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

zoli70
Explorer C

Dear Kelby!

Thank  you for the info and for your time! I have other two questions if I may ask?The first what is it mean the ELDP?The second is the Southwest have an Academy where train pilots?

Special Thank You! 

Sincerey

Zoltan

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @zoli70,

Thanks for the great questions!

1. ELDP is the acronym used for our Emerging Leadership Development Program. This is  a rotational program designed to develop well-rounded emerging Leaders for our front-line, operational roles. You can find out more about it in this video.

2. We do not have a Pilot Academy at this time.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

zoli70
Explorer C

Dear Kelby!

Thank you so much for the info and I loved the video! I'm looking for the new challenges and a new career! I believe that a Southwest Airline is perfect as I saw the video it's an amazing still growing company! Unfortunately the present employer cuting my shift and forcing me to go the other position what pay less I think after almost 10 years with that company I deserve more. I believe that Southwest would be a great new career and new challenges for me! Please let me know if any career event will be or the company planning. Of course I apply the new position what will open soon.

Thank you so much and I'm look for to work with Southwest 

Sincerely

Zoltan

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jodi8965,

Thanks for your interest! In order to view your Flight Attendant application, you will need to log in to the specific Inflight Portal Dashboard found here.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Jodi8965
Explorer C

I successfully applied for a flight attendant position in February, received an email that it would take time to review all the applications, the flight attendant position that I applied for appeared in my dashboard and was there for a few months. Now it no longer appears!!  I have not received anything from Southwest that I wasn’t considered for the position. Curious why it was no longer in my Dashboard. Any input would be great. 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jodi8965,

Please see my response to you above this for the answer to your question.

Kelby
Southwest Careers