Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Introducing a new Southwest careers website experience

dmarieeex3
Explorer C

Hello,

I’m really interested in becoming a Flight Attendant I been watching and waiting for some time now for applications to apply. I was wondering when there will be positions available so I can apply ?. 

Relll06
Adventurer C

The flight attendant position is why most of us is here. We're all waiting patiently. Just make sure you filled out the info to be notify. And check back often 

KellyMc
Explorer C

I'm trying to submit an application, however it keeps kicking it out because it says it needs a UN and PW.  I've never registered on the Careers site, so when it asks for an email address, the follow up email says...sorry we don't have your email on file.  I'm in a vicious cycle and concerned the job will close before I get an applicaiton submitted.  Quick advice would be greatly appreciated!

How to become a contractor mechanic with Southwest Airline

jamshoro83
Explorer C

Dear Community:

I have an A&P license and work in the aviation industry for 10 years. My last job was with SkyWest Airline at Milwaukee Airport. I also, have the experience of B737 NG and like to work for southwest airlines but if it is possible I can come as a contractor and then become permanent. 

Please guide me in the right direction. 

Thanks 

Sincerely, 

Sam Ansari

Re: How to become a contractor mechanic with Southwest Airline

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jamshoro83 wrote:

Dear Community:

I have an A&P license and work in the aviation industry for 10 years. My last job was with SkyWest Airline at Milwaukee Airport. I also, have the experience of B737 NG and like to work for southwest airlines but if it is possible I can come as a contractor and then become permanent. 

Please guide me in the right direction. 

Thanks 

Sincerely, 

Sam Ansari

Morning. The best advice is to keep watching the Southwest Careers website:

https://careers.southwestair.com/

I'm afraid that no airline is hiring right now because they all have too many employees for the number of people flying. Until just the last few weeks, airlines, Southwest included, were planning to lay off tens of thousands of employees, but the government came  up with $billions  to pay airline salaries, so that did not happen.

Tens of thousands more took voluntary separations, and per union contracts are subject to recall provisions of those contracts.

I'm afraid that it will be a while before airlines do any significant hiring.