Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job related

TywhuanB
Explorer C

Hello, my name is Tywhuan but I go by Ty I am 19 years of age. Growing up I’ve always wanted to be a flight attendant not only for the traveling but to learn new things while traveling and also meeting new people I always found the job so fascinating I couldn’t wait for me to be of age a lot of airlines I see you have to be 21 some saids 20 I can’t wait until the day I turn 20 which is exactly 6 days from now I’m really excited to finally be able to apply but my question for you is what can I do to be more considerate for the position I’ve always wanted this to be my career so I don’t have much experience in the work place I do have excellent customer skill and I love helping people just some simple advice would be excellent.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Job related

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @TywhaunB

it sounds like you are just about ready to apply for our Flight Attendant position! Unfortunately, we are not currently accepting applications for this role. However, you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. The Basic Qualifications for the positions are:

• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
  • Must be at least 20 years of age.
  • Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

While you are waiting, we recommend getting your resume ready and even creating a profile at southwest.com/careers. We do look for strong customer service experience in the workplace, so that also may be an area you want to focus on while waiting to apply. Happy (almost) Birthday!

Kelby
Southwest Careers