Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Just Curiosity :)

KLitchfield
Explorer B

Good Morning! I have just completed aviation school, last week, and applied for a Flight Attendant, just to join your team, at Southwest! Crazy, I know! Especially knowing how hard it is to get in your airline! However, I am a go getter, and will not give up! Seriously though, I know your airline is probably the only airline that hires within their team. So with that being said, would it be better to apply for another position, to get my foot in the door, for when you are ready to hire flight attendant? Since I am already certified.....and have no responsibilities, so can be based anywhere!

2nd question: After I get in to Southwest ( which I definitely will  🙂 ), for FA, can I still move up?

If so, my super main goal, is to be a pilot! After working with your team for a while, would it be a possibility, to switch to a pilot? And would company pay for the schooling? The flying hours I could get in my own time, however, I know some companies will pay for certain schooling, as long as it is in line of business where you are, and contracted to work for that company?

I was just curious! 🙂 Please let me know when you can! Plus, thank you for taking the time to read this :)...........as well as my resume?!  ( Fingures crossed )!!!

Kelly M Litchfield
1 REPLY 1

Re: Just Curiosity :)

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @KLitchfield,

If you get on in any of our roles, you can certainly pursue moving throughout the Company. If you qualify, you may even be able to take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, which you can find out more about here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers