Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

(Long-Range) Commuting to HQ

kibble
Explorer C

Greetings!

I see a lot of questions and answers pertaining to flight crew commuting to work from outside their home bases, but I am curious whether it is unheard of for folks who work at SWA HQ to commute to work from outside the Dallas, TX, area on a regular basis.

Thanks for all the LUV!

K

3 REPLIES 3

Re: (Long-Range) Commuting to HQ

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@kibble wrote:

Greetings!

I see a lot of questions and answers pertaining to flight crew commuting to work from outside their home bases, but I am curious whether it is unheard of for folks who work at SWA HQ to commute to work from outside the Dallas, TX, area on a regular basis.

Thanks for all the LUV!

K

I understand that Dallas has pretty high load factors right now, so if someone did take this option it would probably mean buying tickets, not using employee benefits.

Kind of the regular in reverse if you were going to stay "home" every weekend and then fly in for work as opposed to the bulk of the country working all week and then traveling on weekends?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

kibble
Explorer C

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Kind of the regular in reverse if you were going to stay "home" every weekend and then fly in for work as opposed to the bulk of the country working all week and then traveling on weekends?

I see this type of commute fairly often in the market I currently live near and work in (National Capitol Region).  For example, folks living in the midwest who fly in Sunday or Monday and fly home Thursday or Friday.

Cheers!

K

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I've heard of it a lot there also, and people from Chicago who do the weekly traveling to other locations - mainly I was inferring that the OP would see some benefit from working at Southwest to do this (perhaps not paying cash for tickets) as opposed to the consulting and political people who do this regularly, but are also paying regular fare for each trip.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.