Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

My Dream Job was to be Flight Attendant! Make my dreams come true?

Stacialynn
New Arrival

My whole life I dreamed of being an airline stewardess. Years ago I applied for a position for a new airline starting off in Atl. Ga. called East Airlines. I went and applied, I remembered seeing all the beautiful girls in the room, wall to wall, thinking "Oh dear what a waste of time, they will never hire me." They were looking for only 6 and guess? I was HIRED!! I couldn't believe it! Unfortunatley when I told my husband I got hired, he told me I couldn't take the job, we had two young kids at home. My dream job fell through, so after the kids were all grown I took a job at a golf course as a cart girl serving on the course. I loved it, but not the same serving in the air, and yet I was content thinking well..at least I can be a Land Attendant if I couldn't be a Airline Flt Attendant.

After 8 years of serving there, I needed to get health benefits and went to serve at our local hospital. They were looking for people to make phones calls for insurance, I was honest with them and told them, I am a people person, I love to serve people. Fortunately, they put me at regisration in our surgery dept and I love it. When I register patients for surgery, I come across flt. attendants, that put that dream of mine in the front and center of my heart that I should go with it and apply to fullfill my dream. They say I would be perfect for the job.

My kids are all grown now and I desire so much to serve as Flt Attendant. I picked your airline because I fly with you all the time and enjoyed the people that have served me, and I sure would like to have the opportunity to serve others on your airline.

How to I go about getting my application in your file? I believe this is my calling to serve people, for I like to treat people with respect and kindness, for I beleive we should treat others the same way we like to be treated. Thank you for reading my story. Please call me? Email Me? What should I do now? Sincerely, Stacia

1 REPLY 1

Re: My Dream Job was to be Flight Attendant! Make my dreams come true?

SWDigits
Rising Star

Stacia, you'll want to sign up for the talent community, more detail is available in the following post:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/Introducing-a-new-Southwest-careers-websi...

Note that it's been a while since Southwest posted for flight attendant positions but if you sign up for the talent community you should receive a notification when it happens.

Good luck!

Customer | Home airport DCA | Community Champion