Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Hire FA and Expecting

Skylifegrl
Explorer C

Hello Co-hearts! It has come to my total surprise that I am expecting my first child and I'm spazzing out because I just recently got hired as an FA (after applying for 3 years). What does this mean for my position? I've not started training yet, but I believe I am fully capable of fulfilling my duty in training and on-line. My concern is later on down the line, if/when I'm still on reserve, or if I will qualify for FMLA with my not being employed with the company for at least a year. Will there be options? (paid/unpaid leave, ground desk positions, etc). Is it possible to post-pone training dates or will I be subjected to re-apply? I just would like to consider all possible options. Please advise and thanks in advance for the advice!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New Hire FA and Expecting

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @Skylifegrl,

It may be best to reach out directly to your contact at Southwest. This is more so a peer-to-peer forum, not necessarily a forum in which we can provide accurate answers for your specific employment situation.

@KelbyTansey is one of the current employees who monitors this site. She or another current employee would be able to point you in the right direction.

Congratulations on joining the Southwest Family!

ILV2fly

Skylifegrl
Explorer C

Thank you @ILV2fly

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Skylifegirl,

Congratulations on all of your exciting changes! Because there are some pretty significant intricacies with your question, I would recommend reaching out to your Recruiter to discuss. They will be able to help guide you through this as it relates to your role and answer your questions.

Our Accommodations and Career Transitions (ACT) Team will also be able to assist you, if you would prefer to contact them instead. They can be reached through their email address, Accommodations@wnco.com.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Skylifegrl
Explorer C

Great! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction @KelbyTansey