cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Careers

It's more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you have questions about joining
the Southwest Team? Ask them here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

New Hire Process

Tourist EddieHOU
Tourist

When SW verifies employment as part of the background process, how many years back do they verify?  For example, if I have listed the last 30 years of employment, will every single employer get verified?

6 REPLIES

Re: New Hire Process

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @EddieHOU!

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! We do verify all employment history provided in an application. However, we do only require five years of employment history on your application. Your résumé would be the best place to share any history beyond five years!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Tourist EddieHOU
Tourist

Thanks @KelbyTansey!  I'm excited, I'm waiting on my background! I LUV SW!

Tourist Clincollier
Tourist

KelbyTansey wrote:

Hi, @EddieHOU!

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! We do verify all employment history provided in an application. However, we do only require five years of employment history on your application. Your résumé would be the best place to share any history beyond five years!

Tourist Clincollier
Tourist

IMG_0806.PNG

IMG_0807.PNG

IMG_0808.PNG

Tourist Clincollier
Tourist

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi, @Clincollier,

Thank you for expressing interest in joining Southwest Airlines! Unfortunately, we can only accept resume through our online portal at southwest.com/careers. We hope that you will apply for any of the open positions that you are interested in and qualified for!

Kelby
Southwest Careers