Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Hire Process

EddieHOU
Explorer C

When SW verifies employment as part of the background process, how many years back do they verify?  For example, if I have listed the last 30 years of employment, will every single employer get verified?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: New Hire Process

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @EddieHOU!

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! We do verify all employment history provided in an application. However, we do only require five years of employment history on your application. Your résumé would be the best place to share any history beyond five years!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

EddieHOU
Explorer C

Thanks @KelbyTansey!  I'm excited, I'm waiting on my background! I LUV SW!

Clincollier
Explorer C

@KelbyTansey wrote:

Hi, @EddieHOU!

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! We do verify all employment history provided in an application. However, we do only require five years of employment history on your application. Your résumé would be the best place to share any history beyond five years!

Clincollier
Explorer C

IMG_0806.PNG

IMG_0807.PNG

IMG_0808.PNG

Clincollier
Explorer C

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Clincollier,

Thank you for expressing interest in joining Southwest Airlines! Unfortunately, we can only accept resume through our online portal at southwest.com/careers. We hope that you will apply for any of the open positions that you are interested in and qualified for!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

cyrusmola
Explorer C

Dear Sir /Madam ,

To Whom it may concern:

My name is Rose Crossfield work for ATA or 10 yrs untill they went out of business , also i'm a RN and would love to get back in the flying buisness know that SW is a great company to work for and would love to be a part of the team . 

Thank you in advance.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @cyrusmola,

Thanks for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines! You can check our open job postings at southwest.com/careers. You can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on desktop) or by clicking here on a mobile device. If you are interested in joining Southwest as a Flight Attendant, you can find more information here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

cyrusmola
Explorer C

Gm! i've trying to apply all morining and it keep saying out of service is that what you all get .

Rose