Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New Hire Process

Jtlarson99
Explorer C

Hey everyone! I am currently in the waiting process of waiting for a new response from the hiring coordinator. October 1st I got the Contingent Job offer email which was the day after my in person interview where I did my fingerprints the same day, and on October 9th I did my drug test so now I'm just waiting for the response that I completed everything or if they need something for the screening. Its been 3 weeks since I've last heard something and since my profile has last been updated. I'm debating if I should send out an email or not just to make sure everything is on track still. What do y'all think I should do? Thank you all!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Hire Process

rkn93495
Explorer A

Congratulations @Jtlarson99!
Was there an original timeframe given to you for the background check and drug testing to be completed by? If so, how far along that are you now? 
If not, I feel it would not be a bad idea to just politely check in with your coordinator about how it is moving along and whether there are any more actions to be completed from your end since it has been 3 weeks as you say. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, as they say, no news is good news. And these processes are sometimes time consuming, so it is best to be patient. 

Jtlarson99
Explorer C

Thank You I'm soo excited! I had 48 hours to do my drug test which I did right away. For the background check I got a email from the background screening coordinator saying if she needs anything she will let me know and if not then theres nothing else needed. That's what I'm thinking, I might wait til next week when it'll be a month then send out an email. Thank you for your input! 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Jtlarson99  congratulations on your conditional job offer! 

It takes time for the hiring process to be completed, and there is more paperwork on the backend that you are aware of. I promise you that you have not been forgotten. I would suggest that you practice patience and hold tight. You will be contacted before you know it. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion