Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

New job time off

soonercicc
Explorer C

Hi all I have an interview with Southwest soon and the position would start in April.  My concern is that I have a wedding in May that I am in.  Wondering if getting time off for this wedding would be difficult?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: New job time off

bec102896
Aviator A

I would just ask at the interview if they have a "any questions" part of the interview. If you don't feel comfortable asking during the interview you could always ask your boss once you get the job and hopefully they will work with you on that. 

-Blake

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

This depends on a few things, like which position you're applying for and how many days you will need for the wedding.

When I started at Southwest, I also had a wedding scheduled where I needed 2 days off. I was able to make it happen.

I'd ask after I receive an offer.

*disclaimer - I do not work in HR, so please don't take this as an official statement. Just relaying my experience in hopes it helps you 🙂

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I agree with @ksbrg.  Wait until an offer has been made before you mention your future commitments. As long as you are reasonable with the time off needed, I’m sure this is a non issue. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

jksobonya
Aviator A

I would mention this when they bring up your potential start date. It never hurts to have that on the table up front so there won't be any issues if you bring it up later. 

--Jessica