Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

No Call

Nicolay
Explorer C

I received a email from a recruiter about my phone interview being schedule for  Monday at 8:00am but ended not getting a call. I went back to sleep and when I woke up I saw that the recruiter had called at 9:51am central. She then leaves me a  voice message asking me to call back and emails me and tells me to call her back by 10:00MST. I then call back around 10:20 am central only to not get a response. I then left a message on her voicemail and emailed her explaining that I was looking forward to the call at 8:00am and ended up going to sleep and that I called her back but no answer. She never emailed me back and I ended up missing her call again as she called me back at 12:51 pm central time. She left me a voice message asking for me to call her back. I called her back at 1:50 right after I saw I had a missed a call from her and I called her back but she didn’t answer this time either. I then wrote her a email today asking if I was going to still have my interview or if I wasn’t being considered anymore as I’m a bit confused on what exactly is going on. I really want this job and the chance to get to work for such an amazing company.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: No Call

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Nicolay 

It is true! This happened to me a few years back. I had a bad experience with the recuriter. I did waited for a hour for them to call us back. Instead of them calling us, they left us text message claimed that they did tried to call us and left a message. The truth in reality: They didn't wants to bother calling and left a text messages. How sad.

Nicolay
Explorer C

@DfDrPepper_23 

That’s very sad very unprofessional. I’m not looking at it as I’ve dogged a bullet. The recruiter sounded so drained outta life every message she left she was speed talking and sounded 

really blah like she didn’t even feel like talking even when she told me she’s gonna be conducting my interview

These recruiters be turning away great future emoloyees. Seems like ever since Herb had retired his job before his passing the company really haven’t been on the same guidelines as they once were.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Nicolay  it sounds like you are already starting off on the wrong foot with SWA. Mistakes do happen, but In my opinion SWA needs employees who are flexible, reliable, dependable, and hospitable. If I would have been in your situation, I would be waiting by the phone for the call from the Recruiter. I would take the phone call so seriously, that nothing else mattered. If the time I was supposed to get called came and went, I wouldn’t go back to sleep... I would try to figure out if I did something wrong. Perhaps my time zone is different, etc. Don’t forget that you are the one looking for a job, not them. You need to be available when asked. 

I sincerely hope that you re-think the unprofessional comments made by you questioning the Recruiters professionalism (As you can see from other poster, the lack of professionalism won’t get you far).  Attacking the performance of someone when you haven’t even had a first interview says a lot about character. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Nicolay
Explorer C

I understand mistakes do happen and I have waited by the phone. I don’t take back anything that was said because its true. This is a business that need people to operate it with experience. This is also a business that have standards for their employees and those standards where not shown during the time that was set for my interview. She told me she was going to let me know about resheduling and I hard nothing. Maybe she got sick idk I know people aren’t gonna be happy every single day and that day she showed it. I know everything that makes southwest what it is as I stated its a great company. I said I was confused as this was not the first time this has happened but the first time it has been this unconsistent with no interview. 

The other poster said it happened to him to as with another girl who posted the same. Not sure your point in this but sonce you can’t help in a situation like this or at least add your experience of something similar with a positive outcome your response to me has not weight or validity in this situation. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

My point was not to bash the company you are looking to be hired into. If you truly feel as if you were not given a fair opportunity, go about it the right way and research who to contact next. Dont post on a discussion board about the recruiter. If you really are someone who believes SWA is a great Company, you need to trust that the right thing will be done. I do applaud you for being honest and saying that you were confused to the recruiter. That takes strength and courage. 

Good of luck to you, and I hope the outcome is positive for you. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion