Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Not hearing anything back

jtbedell
Explorer C

Hi guys, 

I am wondering if any of you are having similar experiences applying. In the past, if I would apply for a job at Southwest, I would hear SOMETHING back from them within two weeks...either a phone interview scheduled or a TBNT email. I applied for an Operations Agent position in baltimore way back on Aug 30 and havent heard a peep. Whenever i check the status, all it reads is "Application received." Has anyone here experienced anything like this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not hearing anything back

Amarie021
Explorer C

I would call and check to see if the position is still open

jtbedell
Explorer C

Should i call HR in Dallas or do they have local recruiters i could speak to? I would have called LONG before now if there was a contact email or phone number made available

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@jtbedell my suggestion is to be patient and continue to check your dashboard for updates. I would not contact HR as mentioned above.  Remember that the hiring process takes time and potentially hundreds of other candidates are also being looked at. Until your application status changes to “No Longer in Consideration” you still have a chance. Now is the time to show your worth. 

Word of advice... watch your tone on the discussion boards. Your frustration is coming across in your words. You don’t have the job yet, do you want to come across as difficult? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion