Southwest Airlines Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Time Opportunity?

Shrenik1
New Arrival

How can I part time (8 to12 hour) job opportunity for senior citizen with accounting/inventory background?

Thanks

Shrenik

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Welcome to the Southwest Careers Board!

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi, @Shrenik1,

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for your interest in joining our Team!  Our Part-Time positions typically require 25-30 hours a week. However, we are always looking for top talent to join our Teams, and would love to benefit from your experience. I would encourage you to keep an eye on our job postings at Southwest.com/Careers for any opportunities that might become available.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

BamaAg89
New Arrival

I am a teacher who will be retiring at the end of the upcoming school  year. I am looking for a new career opportunity and love Southwest Airlines! When should I begin the application process in order to be considered for a job during the Summer of 2018?

Bertha
New Arrival

Congrats on the retirement! That's great! Teaching is a noble profession! With regards as to when to apply- what I would recommend is gage it based on where you want to work. At the bottom of the website- you'll see a link for careers at Southwest. Once you establish a profile, you can view job openings. Bigger stations like Baltimore, Dallas or Chicago usually have openings. Smaller locations like Akron or Buffalo, not so much. So my advice- if you are near a bigger station- maybe start the process around Thanksgiving. A smaller station? Even earlier- assuming they have openings. Consider too- starting at a bigger station, just to get onboard, and you can always apply to transfer later. Hope this helps and best of luck! -Bertha

bmoffett
New Arrival
When you pass through ABQ stop by and speak to my class!!! Congratulations! You are now free to move about the country!

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi, @BamaAg89,

Congratulations on your impending retirement! We are thrilled that your would love to continue your career with us. The application timeline changes dependent on the position or, as @Bertha mentioned, the station that you are wanting to work in. Due to this variety, it is difficult to give you a specific date to begin applying, but I would recommend starting the process in March 2018. If you are looking at a smaller station or more niche position, I would recommend applying anytime beginning in January 2018. If you are interested in being a Flight Attendant with us, this role is typically only posted once a year and, due to the volume of applicants, the process can take longer than usual. So, I would recommend applying whenever you see that it is posted. Best of luck throughout the process! 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

mesieber
New Arrival

Hi, if I apply to a full time operations agent position and get accepted and later see that they demand too many hours can I give my hours away or switch to part-time so I end up in the 25-30 hours per week range?  Thanks

Re: Part Time Opportunity?

lindaestilow
New Arrival

Do part time employees get to have health insurance and travel benefits? 

tuppygirl@comcast.net 

Thank you 

Bertha
New Arrival

As a former employee- yes on the travel benefits for part timers. Health insurance- I'm not sure- but I am able to answer half your question. They were wonderful to work for- only reason I left was I was recalled full time back to the military. 

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi, @lindaestilow,

@Bertha nailed it! Our Part Time Employees enjoy the same flight benefits as our Full Time Employees, as well as various options for Health Insurance. If you want to learn more about the WorkPerks we offer our Employees, click here.

Kelby
Southwest Careers