Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Phone Interview

pgavin
Explorer C

Hello,

Does anyone know the time frame it takes to receive your email for your phone interview? I receive a phone call a few weeks ago seeing if I was still interested in being a flight attendant. I was suppose to receive an email within 7 days to set up a phone interview, but I never received it. It's been almost 3 weeks since I received the initial phone call. I hope they didn't forget about me.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Phone Interview

lzaryski
Explorer C

This Is also happening to me. It's been about 2.5 weeks since my original call and haven't been able to reconnect with my recruiter. Let me know if you hear anything!

pgavin
Explorer C

I still haven't heard anything. Were you able to get in contact with your recruiter?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @pgavin and @lzaryski,

We didn't forget about you and we are very happy to hear that you are still interested! Due to the volume of interest we had, it took us longer than expected to get emails out to everyone. Please look again at your email that we have on file for you, including spam/junk folders. 

Now that we have seen the volume of interest is still high, going forward candidates will be receiving an email within two weeks of the call with next steps, an FAQ, and a fun video! We appreciate your patience and dedication throughout this process.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Debra108
Explorer B

So excited for the experience for all!   It has been close to five weeks since I received the initial call and still haven’t received a call or an email to set up a phone interview. I am patiently waiting but was wondering if you had any advise.  Thanks! 

Debra108
Explorer B

I received my email this week. Waiting to schedule a phone interview soon. All I can is just be patient, remember a job that you want is worth the wait!  Good luck! 

arogers0113
Explorer C

Do you know if Southwest leaves a voicemail if you miss the call asking if you are interested? I have been waiting since February 5th  2018 to hear back and my profile says recieved application.

Debra108
Explorer B

Hi!

i received a phone call on 11/10/17 asking if I was still interested in a position with Southwest and of course I said YES!  I was told that I would receive a phone call in about two weeks, give or take due to the holidays  to set up a phone interview. This Friday will be a month from the initial call and I haven’t received the call to set up the phone interview as of yet. I am worried I might have been lost in the system with the holidays...any thoughts?   And thanks in advance!! 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

I remember some bad experience with phone interview with recruiter based out of Arizona. I had a hard time trying to get ahold of the recruiter. Since I am hearing impaired and the recruiter try to "Drop Me Off" from the job application. I had to email the problem with the recruiter at Dallas headquarter. 

I will tell you some peoples out there. They will not wants to hire peoples with disabilities. After several calls and emails and did land me a interview there. By that time, they turned me down and asked me to look up southwest job board. I was unpleasant with their attitude. 

Don't bother applying for the job there. It is a waste of time.

Vieshaw
Explorer C

Hello New Arrival

I believe you and I are in the same boat I've been checking my email religiously,I've been glued to my phone since January 15th when I completed my 5 year job history.I've been worried that I missed a call.I just want to be ready whenever they contact me.