Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Potential work at home employment Scam

SavageS
Explorer C

I received a text message from Chris Howell stating that his recruiting team received my resume online and that they would like to do an online interview via Google Hangouts. I did the interview with a Mr. Dave Harvey and got the job, but it seems too good to be true. Can someone please tell me if this is real or a scam?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Potential work at home employment Scam

cgarza413
Explorer C

Any feedback on this? I also experienced this same situation. I'm trying to find out how to report this. I was really excited but guess it really was too good to be true. 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @SavageS and @cgarza413,

Unfortunately, this sounds like a potential scam. I can confirm that none of those steps fit within the Southwest Employment process. We will report this potential scam to the proper channels at Southwest.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

cgarza413
Explorer C

Thank you. 

Plbradley53
Explorer C

Its definitely a scam. They want to send you a check & have you put it in your bank to order supplies from a company they choose.  It's a bad check & they rip you off.

Rdwilliams924
Explorer C

I was contacted by Chris Howell via text alerting me about an opportunity with Southwest and to schedule an interview with Dave Harvey via Google Hangouts. I found that to be odd.l, but I went through with it anyway. The interview was via chat; no video. I was hired immediately for a work from home position. A laptop and a check would be sent to me via FedEx. The check would be to purchase software for the laptop.  

The emphasis was on the "cheque" and to deposit it right away.  I started researching and found this forum.  

Someone needs to catch these scammers.