Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Questions about Destination 225 program

HawaiiWes68
Explorer C

Greetings,

I'm interested in your Destination 225 Cadet program - but I need more info about this program before I can committ.
Is there any way to get a better anticipated cost of the program? The website simply says < $100k.
During the flight experience phase of the program/training, does the program ensure I am able to get the required flight hours on the required type of plane, or will I have to figure out how to get those hours on my own? 
If I have to get those hours on my own, do you find there are sufficient local resources for all of your program participants to get their hours in a reasonable time (based on your published timeline)?
Your careers website does not list any current openings for Pilots - what is your % / rate of hire from your Destination 225 Cadet program (from the total that successfully complete the program)?

Feel free to refer me to the correct resource to ask these questions if this is not the approprite forum.

Thanks, Wes

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Questions about Destination 225 program

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@HawaiiWes68  I dont work for SWA or have the answers to your questions... and it sounds like you already read the FAQ on the career site:   https://careers.southwestair.com/D225FAQ

I'm sure SWA shared as much info as they could on the FAQ page. If you do decide to move forward and apply, I think these are all great questions to ask if/when you get an interview.  

Good luck! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

HawaiiWes68
Explorer C

I've already reviewed all of the SWA online information about this program, and these are the questions I had after reviewing all those pages.

Your response provided me no new information, and so my questions are still unanswered.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Good luck to you! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion