Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ramp agent

Freddymotr
Explorer C

Hi everybody. I have a quick question, in order for me to apply to a position. Do I have to be US Citizen or Permanent Resident? 

I have my SSN and my State ID. Will that be ok? HELP

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ramp agent

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@Freddymotr  I found this information under one of the job postings:

Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986

Click on the link below for more information on the SWA career site:

https://careers.southwestair.com/job/28999/Customer-Service-Agent

Good luck to you!

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

jdtorres2005
Explorer C

Hello everyone.!

I want to tell you a little about my experience applying for Soutwest Airlines. I have applied 5 times for the Ramp Agent position, 2 times in LAX, 2 in Santa Ana, and one is Burbank BUR, unfortunately there was never more of the telephone interview, until in April 2019 I applied again for Ramp Agent In LAX, for this time I prepared a lot, I read about the history of Southwest and all the qualities that the company looks for in a future employee and this time I passed the interview by phone, the recruiter called me immediately at 10 minutes from having finished my phone interview and he congratulated me and gave me an appointment for Face to Face interview at LAX for July 2019 but a week before that date came the recruiter called me and told me to postpone it for August 2019, also before it arrived The date of August 2019 the recruiter called me and told me that the post-Hungary for September 2019, during the course I was waiting for the Face to Face interview with Southwest apply for Alaska Airlines in LAX on September 201 9 Before I had my Face to Face interview with Southwest and I was immediately contacted by Alaska, I don't know if it will be because I have previous experience in Ramp / Warehose with DHL but they did the process very quickly they called me on a Monday to go to face to face interview on Wednesday and I passed the Face to Face interview the same day they took my fingerprints and did the drug test, the next week they sent me a contingent job offer via email with a starting pay of $ 17.70 full time and almost the same benefits that Southwest has but I didn't know much about Alaska and I began to read their reviews on Indeed and and Glassdoor and what I found terrified me a lot, I found many bad reviews of people who worked and still work there. My dream has always been to work for Southwest, I have read almost all of their reviews and almost all of them are very positive, there are many about how they are treated as if they were family, culture and everything I like, but if I see it on the negative side. Southwest is only part time with a starting pay of $ 15.00 according to the job offer sent to me by email and I have been unemployed for more than a month and I need to generate income. I went to the face to face interview with Southwest and the next day I received an email saying that they wanted to continue with my job application, the next day I received another email that I had to go to take my fingerprints to a location near where I live and Two days later I received another emial that had to go to Van Nuys to do my drug test. That was 2 weeks ago I guess right now they are running my background check. My dilemma is I always wanted to work for Southwest but Alaska is offering me a better salary but at the same time I don't want to work in a place where the environment is hostile. Can someone give me some advice that I should take?

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@jdtorres2005  what are your long term career goals?  Are you looking to work for an “Airline” or a Company that thrives on creating a positive environment? I don’t work for SWA, but I enjoy flying with them and interacting with their friendly employees. To me, front line employees who proudly represent their Company goes a long way. 

I know that many potential employees let the paycheck decide their next employer , but I strongly believe when you are happy at work and enjoy the environment, everything else aligns. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion