Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rejected Canidate

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

I applied for Appearance Technician , l had a excellent interview and it  went very well.  I always replied positive  each time l heard from the recruiter. Today l received my letter via email l was not chosen l was crushed. I love Southwest , l just would like to know what l could have done more to be a part of the family. My heart ♥️💔 was crushed  any advice l welcome please

S.Br.own

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Rejected Canidate

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I'm afraid that will never be known. Sorry.

I was an HR manager for another company (not SW), and it's not discussed. As hard as it may be to hear, companies just don't have the time to debate why people were not selected. They focus on those that were, or those that are still in  the pipeline.

Again, sorry.

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

Thanks so much l thought l did everything right l will use this as a learning guide to apply again .

dfwskier
Aviator A

Keep trying. 

I wish you success with your future attempts.

derekc
Adventurer C

Dont give up fam I was in the same boat as you in December had the interview and got the rejection email 3 days later like you I was so crushed but here I am about 2 months later and I have another interview with Southwest tomorrow just keep grinding we will both get there soon

bec102896
Aviator A

@derekc wrote:

Dont give up fam I was in the same boat as you in December had the interview and got the rejection email 3 days later like you I was so crushed but here I am about 2 months later and I have another interview with Southwest tomorrow just keep grinding we will both get there soon

Good Luck! Hope it goes well.

-Blake 

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

Thanks l wish you 💯 success please keep me posted l hope everything is good for ,l know you will interview well .. Southwest here we come.

derekc
Adventurer C

I felt like I did a MUCH better job on this interview than I did the 1st one we talked a lil bit about the background check process and when the training would start so I def have my fingers crossed I get this one!!!

Shondabbrown
Adventurer C

That's great why my interview was so competitive it was only 1 position  and four interview , much sure you watch your dashboard again good success to you.👍👍

Passenger1C
Aviator C

The initial interview unfortunately is your “make it or break it” time with recruiters. I often think that since many people are not good at interviewing, but awesome in the work place, the interview should not be the decision maker. Continue to be positive, and do your research. When you come in for an interview as the model employee, tables are turned and it’s you who is interviewing the recruiters. They need to convince you on why you should want to work for their company. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion