Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Should I just wait or contact HR?

olivia1919
Explorer C

Hi,

I'm not sure what to do. I applied for a position and my resume has been in review for two months. I have not gotten an email saying I did not get the position. I also have not been on an interview. So should I just continue to wait or should I contact someone in HR?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Should I just wait or contact HR?

ILV2fly
Adventurer C
Solution

Hi @olivia1919,

I am just as excited and anxious for status updates when I apply for jobs with the best airline in the world!

Rest assured the People Department hasn’t forgotten. They’re simply hard at work screening applicants. To give some perspective, I’ve seen stats that Southwest receives 375,000 applications a year. Assuming 250 working days, that breaks down to an average of 1,500 applications every day. WOW!!

I've noticed status updates can occur anywhere from just a few weeks to several months (flight attendant applications).

The best way to check the status of your application is always through your dashboard. I find my dashboard updates first. Then I receive a follow-up email a day or two later.

In the meantime, you are more than welcome to continue applying to jobs for which you’re qualified.

Best of luck!

ILV2fly