Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Three days left! Do you have a Warrior Spirit?

kbsmith
Explorer C

HI Kelby,

I set up an alert using the link workfor.us/southwest and received an initial email alert from Southwest Airlines Recruiting Team.  At the bottom of the email is a link to "Manage Your Alerts". When I click on that, it takes me to a screen that shows my alert ...

Southwest Airlines Job Alerts

Preferences Frequency Alert Created Active Action
All jobs, near meTwice a weekFebruary 2, 2018

Edit

However, when I click on "edit" the new screen of dropdowns disappears whenever I scroll down to make changes.  I'd like to create more frequent - and hopefully MOBILE - alerts.  Is the system overwhelmed right now?

Thank you for your help!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @kbsmith,

Thank you for your interest in joining Southwest Airlines and for signing up for job alerts! I've tried to troubleshoot your issue on both a mobile device and desktop, and am not coming across the same problem. If you are trying to edit on a mobile device, switching to a desktop could solve the issue.

We do not have the ability for "push" notifications that will pop-up on a mobile device yet. However, alerts should come to your email address. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

wrverdugo
Adventurer C

Thank you! I just followed the instructions to apply for the Flight Attendant and will be looking for the application to open on Monday. If I live on the West Coast, how early should I get online to apply? 

janastarner
Explorer C

Question... I see this"when it posts" - where IS that... under Southwest/Positions...? It's regarding the F/A.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @janastarner,

When the position opens on Monday, you will be able to find it at southwest.com/careers. We will also have a direct link to the position posted in the Community. For more information and advice for how to prepare prior to the posting opening, you can click here. Good luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Three days left! Do you have a Warrior Spirit?a

dpurcell
Explorer C

When filling out the online profile, I was given the opportunity to choose willing to relocate, yes or no, and I’m not quite sure how to answer,  because I don’t really want to permanently relocate, but would be willing to do so temporarily where I could apartment share with other flight attendants.

Yvonee
Explorer C

Thank you Kelby, the “spoiler tag” was tremendously helpful!!

skoehler3
Explorer C

Super helful and informative !  Thank you 

HappyMatters
Explorer A

YES! I've got Spirit that uplifts the world. There are no waters too ferocious that I cannot tame. Bring a smile, share a smile, and leave everyone smiling. I’ve got my stopwatch counting down the minutes… Cheers Smile.jpg

QUESTIONS?

moralestx
Explorer C

Hi Kelly,

I am so excited and ready to apply. I have been checking religiously everyday, even though I know the position wont be up until Monday. However I do have a question for you; is a cover letter required? If so I just want to be prepared. Also when I'm on my dashboard on the part where it says "interests"; what category out of that list would flight attendant be under?  I can't wait to apply!!! Hoping to be apart of such an awesome, driven and compassionate company. 

Sincerely, 

Tatiana Morales 🙂