Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

Fredmehl3
Explorer C

Good evening Lindsey, I am sure it has been an adventure for you and your team mates.  Thank you for all your hard work today!!

I have a question regarding some conflicting information.  I have received 2 emails that thank me for applying and advise me my completed submission was received.  However, when I log into my dashboard, I see my submission filed under “past job submittals” and the status shows “closed complete”.  On other SWA  job submissions for airport ops, I have a status of “received submission” and a withdrawal button.  Can you confirm that my inflight application is activity and awaiting your staff’s review? 

Here are are screen shots from my inflight dashboard:

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

email confirmation link, screenshot

C95C717D-397D-4FD7-87A4-55FB92697076.png

Dashboard shot: 

5BA2F198-4496-4715-8C79-1722974BA499.png

Jaxjaguars
Explorer C

Hi Lindsay. I received an email saying I was not selected at this time but I don't know if this is for the flight attendant position or another position I applied for earlier. The Dashboard hasn't changed.  Could you please check if they've started the review process on the flight attendant position?  Thank you 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Jaxjaguars,

Our Hiring Team is hard at work processing the applications we've received. 

Whether you have been selected to move forward in the hiring process or not, you will receive communication from us. Because we typically have a tremendous amount of interest in the Flight Attendant position, candidates may receive a follow-up email anywhere from a couple days to several months after submitting an application.

TraciH22
Explorer B

😀

TraciH22
Explorer B

Heart

chadcarson
Explorer C

Although I was able to successfully submit my application, I logged in this morning and noticed that the answers I selected were set back to their defaults.  For example, the "Are you willing to relocate" selection was set to "No" when I selected "Yes". After three hours of getting the dreaded "This Site Cannot Be Reached" screen after submitting each step of the process, it refreshed and reset my answers.  I received a rejection this morning and was wondering if it may have had something to do with my selections that were changed to the default values.

Danica65
Explorer B

Hi Lindsey,

Thanks for all of the info!  I applied to the FA job yesterday and got an email that I successfully applied. 

My dashboard currently says that I have not submitted my profile to any jobs.  I also am unable to tell by the dashboard that everything has been done correctly, I don't see anything pertaining to the resume or application I submitted.  

Are you able to help to tell me if I need to do anything further?

Thanks!

Danica

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Danica65,

For step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the Flight Attendant position, check out this post

Danica65
Explorer B

Thank  you

Annaoneil
Explorer C

I had difficulty getting my resume to upload into the application. I copied and pasted it into the “box”. I really want to make sure the .doc actually uploaded. How do I check to make sure it did upload?