Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Update: Flight Attendant Opening

FlyGirl2018
Explorer A

Kelby, I hope I get to meet you in person some day to thank you! Would you have any idea about the time table for the first responses? I hear it can take a few months.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @FlyGirl2018,

Same to you! It has been my pleasure to answer your questions. You can find your answer by clicking the "spoiler" tag on this post under "Interview Information." The response time can vary greatly, depending on how many applications we receive and where a specific candidate is in the applicant pool.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

FlyGirl2018
Explorer A

Now, I am just waiting.. oooo the suspense! 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kruth68,

We genuinely are appreciative of your desire to work for Southwest Airlines! In order to be fair to all applicants and to remain consistent in our hiring practices, we are unable to accept an application after a position has closed. If you’ve got a specific career in mind and want to keep an eye on those opportunities, we suggest signing up for a job alert visit workfor.us/southwest.

We love hearing of your interest in Southwest, and we encourage you to continue watching our website for future openings!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jobro912
Explorer C

Hi, I'm not Lindsey, but had the same issue in 2016.  So here's what you need to do.  Go back to the page, and be sure to select "Inflight"  before logging in.  It's easy to select something else by accident.  I kept ending up in the Corporate section, so of course it said I had not applied to any jobs. 🙂 Good Luck. 

GLavedan
Explorer C

@LindseyD @KelbyTansey

Ms. Lindsey and Ms. Kelby Tansey,

Hi my name is Gabrielle and I was wondering if you could help me. I am really looking in and wanting to become a flight attendant but I was looking in to the requirements to become a flight attendant and i will not be turning 20 til June. Would you still recommend applying and putting in a resume or waiting til after I turn 20? Thank you for your time and help it is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gabrielle Lavedan

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hey @GLavedan,

Unfortunately, you must be 20 years old to apply. We are excited to hear of your interest, and hope you will consider applying next time this position is available!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Sldunbar
Explorer C

Hi I'm so glad I was able to find this❤ I have a couple questions. I was lucky enough to be able to submit my application on the 5th 3 hours after opening. I'm trying to figure out what my time stamp would be. I've asked others on the discussion board on face book and they have been a great help but still we are a little confused. I received my acceptance email it says on the 6th but also states I applied on the 5th. I definitely can't complain because I'm so blessed it was received and now it's under review... eek I'm so excited!!! Thank you for any and all help I really appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful day❤Screenshot_20180207-134211.png

20180207_154248.jpg

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @propearl2,

The Customer Service Agent position in Newark is open on our website here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sldunbar,

We are excited to hear that you were able to submit an application! Although I cannot provide you with a specific timestamp, I can let you know that it will be the time your application was submitted through our website on Monday. We had a delay in email delivery on Monday, so the time you received the email will not correlate with your timestamp. Best of luck throughout the hiring process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers