Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

applied for a job

melonrn
Explorer C

I've applied for a few customer service jobs at Southwest but havent heard anything yet. It shows you have received my application. What should I expect next? 

Thank you,

Helen

8 REPLIES 8

Re: applied for a job

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @melonrn,

Thank you for your interest in joining our Team in one of our customer service roles! Now that the position is closed, our Talent Acquisition Team will be hard at work assessing all the applications submitted for these roles. Please be on the lookout for any communication from our Team, and remember to keep an eye on your Spam/Junk mailbox just in case. If you are selected to move to the next step in our process, you will receive information regarding a phone interview. While you are waiting, you can check out why we think providing great customer service is so important by clicking here. Best of luck as you move throughout the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Colleenrm
Explorer B

I had the exact same question! Thank you so much for responding!! 

Colleenrm
Explorer B

I have two friends working for Southwest and they absolutely love their jobs.  I’ve been trying to get in with Southwest for over a year. I was SO excited to be able to apply.  I’m really looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for keeping us all updated on our status!! 

Colleenrm
Explorer B

Will you be setting up more phone interviews for the positions applied for? 

jjegg
Explorer C

Hi Kelby.  I also applied for Customer Service Call Center job and received email back that my application was received on Nov 3. 

It also included a link to check in on my application status.  Up until now, it showed status as received.  Now, I no longer get this status page but a generic page thank me for visiting the portal and no jobs are currently open.  

Can you tell me please why all communication has seized? Will I never hear back from anyone? 

Have tried to reach someone in recruiting now for a couple of weeks with no response. 

Thank you.  JJEgg

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jjegg,

I am so sorry to hear that communication has been inconsistent. It is good to hear that you received confirmation that your application was received. I'm not sure why the status page has changed. No matter what decision our Recruiter makes regarding your application, you will receive communication from us reflecting the decision. As I mentioned above, make sure to keep an eye on your Spam/Junk box as emails from us can land there. 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

jjegg
Explorer C

Dear Kelby,

I sure hope you can help me.  

This is so unbelieveable.   I had applied for the CSR job in Phoenix late last year and I received an email on 1-29-18 that the positions had been filled and since there were so many applicants, mine was never looked at.

Then 2 days ago I received an email that applicants were again being accepted. 

I tried all morning and afternoon today to submit my application again and kept getting an error message.  

I finally got through about an hour ago 3:20pm MST only to see a message that applications were only accepted until 3pm CST.  I am in Phoenix so I am an hour behind.  

Can you please check into this as I tried diligently to apply today before the deadline, but could not get through.

Thank you very much for any help.  I don't know who else to call.  JJ Egg  

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @jjegg,

Thanks for your inquiry and I'm happy to assist on Kelby's behalf while she is out of the office.  I've sent you a private message for your reference and look forward to your correspondance. 

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community