Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Extreme Makeover: Home Ediition

arogers
Adventurer C

I get to do some pretty cool things in my role at Southwest Airlines. This fall, I got to be a part of an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition episode! That show leaves me crying like a baby every Sunday night, so I was excited to be a part of it.

For this episode, the family receiving the home makeover has an autistic child who is on a special needs baseball team called the Wild Cats. Southwest Airlines flew the entire baseball team to surprise the family and join them on their DisneyWorld vacation! It was such a neat experience as it was many of the kids' first and only time to fly. The families were so thankful to be given this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. 

It was also fun because the designer Didi Snyder traveled with us! She made announcements on the flight and passed out peanuts to the kids. The kids got to play “baseball” onboard with an inflatable bat and bags of peanuts.

Tune into ABC on Sunday night to see Southwest Airlines on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! (Check local listings for time and channel.) And don’t forget the Kleenex box!

2 Comments
cadams
Adventurer B
What a heartwarming story! Thank you so much for letting us know when the show was airing or I would have missed it. I'm proud Southwest was part of this. I have a friend who worked on a "Southwest" room for a child a few years ago on the same show. We make a lot of contributions to a large number of causes! Carole
April_Jepsen
Explorer C
Who sang on the show?