Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

It's On, Wisconsin!

lreynolds
Frequent Flyer A

While most of you were trick-or-treating this Halloween weekend, Southwest Employees have been spreading their Positively Outrageous Service in "Beertown"--that is, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

The ferry flight from Dallas took flight on Halloween day, and was greeted with that famous "Midwestern Nice" upon arrival in Milwaukee.

From there our troop of fabulous volunteers went to the local Ronald McDonald House.

Employees from our Dallas Headquarters, Milwaukee station, and even our Rapping Flight Attendant (David Holmes himself!) decorated pumpkin, cookies, and spread good cheer to one of Southwest's beloved charities.

Sunday morning dawned bright and beautiful in Milwaukee, so what better way to kick off one of the most anticipated games of the season than with a 1000+ of your closest friends? Southwest Employees, Customers, and social media fans were invited to an outdoor "tailgate" in McKinley Park to watch the Green Bay Packers take on the Minnesota Vikings.  Although the game didn't go quite as our Customers would have liked (thanks, Brett Favre!), we still had quite a bash serving out brats, burgers, and (of course) beer!

As our 68th city in our 35th state, "Beertown" greeted Southwest with open arms when we arrived. I know I speak for all of Southwest when I say we're so happy to finally call Milwaukee "home."

8 Comments
Meghan
Explorer C
Welcome to Milwaukee, Southwest! We are so thrilled to have you here. The party was a total blast, despite the game's outcome. One small suggestion -- for us social media folk you should allow phone shots (or at least email the confirmation screen) in the future as well as paper tickets (luckily my friend had a +1, since I couldn't print from my iPhone). Thank you again though for the good time, and I look forward to flying you on Thursday to Phoenix.
Marina11
Explorer C
THANK YOU SOUTHWEST AIRLINES....WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AT THE TOUCHDOWN PARTY! TRUE...WE DIDN'T WIN, BUT IT WAS A GREAT EVENT!!! WOULD HAVE BEEN NICER IF WE HAD WON ONE OF THE GREAT TRIPS YOU GAVE AWAY LAST NIGHT! HOORAY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DID WIN!!! LET'S DO THIS EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!
Anonymous2194
Adventurer C
I'll be driving behind the "cheddar curtain" to catch my first SWA flight from Mitchell Field 3 days from now. For a lifelong Packer fan, SWA's arrival is the only news from November 1st that I'll care to remember. Best wishes on a wildly successful launch.
Tracey2
Explorer C
It was a great party. Thanks Southwest, we had a blast! Welcome to Milwaukee!
swafan08
Explorer A
PLEASE do Dulles lax flight and sfo dulles
swafan08
Explorer A
Lets get some more flights for DULLES HUB WE need to compete better with United airlines please! !!!!
Renie
Explorer C
Yea!!! Since I am a Packer fan living in Dallas, this is great!! Now we can fly SWA (I am an employee) to MKE and visit my husband's relatives and see a Packer game! GO PACK GO! and Go SWA!! IT'S ON!!!
Kelly18
Explorer C
Please consider a direct flight between Milwaukee and Pittsburgh!!!!!! I have family in Milwaukee who I visit frequently! I love Southwest but am forced to take Midwest. The flights are crowded so I think that Southwest could do very well!!! Thanks!!!!!