Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LOVE IS FINALLY FREE!!!

mchan
Explorer A
free-love-field-jpeg.JPGSunday was an exciting day for me to work at Dallas Love Field!!!!!  It marked the day that Love had finally been set free!  On March 11th, 2007, Southwest Airlines began additional service to cities that were previously restricted by the Wright Amendment.  We are now able to offer one-stop, same plane, or connecting service itineraries to and from Dallas Love Field to 43 cities beyond the Wright Amendment area.  The new schedule offers additional one-stop service to destinations such as Phoenix, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, Baltimore, Orlando, and Tampa Bay, to name a few.   It seems like now, more than ever, we are seeing new passengers that are experiencing the "Southwest" effect.  I would just like to personally say "WELCOME" to all the new passengers and if you're ever at the LOVE airport stop by and say "hi".  THANK YOU all for flying Southwest Airlines.
22 Comments
Francisco_Delga1
Adventurer A
ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS TO SOUTHWEST AND WE ALL LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY WHEN WE CAN FLY FROM SAN TO DAL NON-STOP!!!!! SEE YOU IN THE AIR SOON.............. PERHAPS TOMORROW USS BLOG BOY
Phil_Willman
Adventurer C
Finally saw one of the Dallas specials ads last night. Absolutely LUVed seeing all those routes "blossoming" from Love! Woo Hoo!!
FriendofBlogBoy
Frequent Flyer B
Ming, Thanks for posting such a happy blog piece to remind us of how nice things are becoming and how great they will be out of Love Field! It is wonderful to finally see things opening up more and more for our "hometown" airline. I've sent an appropriate picture to Brian and asked him to add to your post, along with my reply that pretty much sums up one of the big reasons to LUV Love Field! Kim 🙂
Dan31
Explorer C
Good work getting rid of the nasty Wright amendment. Dumb '70s legislation. Now we all are waiting for a one-stop to or from Harrisonburg, Virginia!!! We can always hope.
Brad111
Explorer C
you guys need to update the interactive route map on the southwest.com website to reflect the new choices, I for one hate having to deal with DFW, something I have been unfortunately having to do for a while now thanks to the W.A. and my job sending me further away from home than before.
Billy_G__Spradl
Explorer C
Contrgats on getting that awful Wright Amendment appealed (were they on drugs when they wrote it?) I really hope Southwest can serve Shreveport Regional in the future, its the closest big airport to where I live and its a hassle driving to LUV.
DAL_to_OMA___
Explorer C
Hopefully soon we can fly to Omaha, NE non-stop! Sure would be a lot better than flying on AA and paying close to $500 for what used to cost $128 when they used to have some competition in that market.
Jeff15
Explorer C
Its wonderful to be able to travel from Orange County to Dallas Love without having to buy two tickets and make two plane changes. Congratulations Southwest. Please rethink your plan to charge higher fares for premium seating. Or was the USA Today artical in error.
Larry21
Explorer C
LUV is NOT free. Southwest copped out. The only REAL difference is that one can now fly nonstop to DAL from MCI & STL. Southwest had a chance to make a real change & sold out. I couldn't be more disapointed if you stopped baking cookies on the plane.
John17
Explorer C
Please start flying to Memphis!!!!! Locals are worried about losing the Northwest hub, but us free market capitalist know that competition never hurt anyone. Look at what happened in Raleigh, NC after they lost the American hub: profitable routes were picked up by other airlines and today Raleigh is bigger and better than ever. WE NEED YOU IN MEMPHIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raju
Explorer C
We need you in memphis
alluri
Explorer C
It would be great if you start operating to memphis. There are so many customers in memphis area currently travelling to nashville, birmingham or little rock to get into southwest and all three destinations are around 200 miles.
Shelly7
Explorer C
Will Southwest ever have flights that go into the Fort Walton/Destin area of Florida? The area has become a huge family vacation area! I live in Illinois (closer to St. Louis than Chicago) and we have to drive 12 hours to get there because there are no reasonable flights down there.
Jon_W
Explorer C
I was looking at the flight schedule, to see the Dallas Love Field flights and connections; I noticed that a lot of connections go thru MCI,If you have been there, why would you want to make that connection again. It's not a passenger friendly place.Longer or more direct flights into Love Field would be great for a connecting flight.
Jon_W
Explorer C
I was looking at an old schedule; after looking at a newer one I see most of the connecting flights that went into Kansas City (MCI) no longer go there. I answered my own question. When I was working in Nashville I use to send my help thru MCI If they gave me a bad time that week, just make thier day mest up on they're way home. for the week end. Isn't SWA great!!!!!!
B_Davis
Explorer C
Is Southwest coming to Memphis anytime soon?? Please say "Yes!!"
Josh4
Explorer C
please come to Memphis!!!
April12
Explorer C
Would love to see Southwest coming to Memphis!!! Memphis flight are so expensive than any regular airports!! Tired of driving nearly 4 hrs to Nashville for Chicago trip. Southwest in Memphis is the best choice!!!! 🙂
Joanna
Explorer C
I can't wait until 2014 when you guys can come to memphis! 😃 The Wright Amendment sucks!
VW
Explorer C
Please come to Memphis. Driving to Little Rock and Nashville gets old (but I would rather pay for good service and cheap fares than bloated prices of the airlines here!). Whenever my kids fly, we always use SW - you are the only airline still offering Unaccompanied Minor service for free! Thanks for keeping prices low. Come to Memphis!
nightowl2
Explorer C
YES! PLEASE! PLEASE! Start your service to Memphis! Did you know that more 30% of the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) student population comes from TEXAS???? Austin, Dallas & Houston!!! Memphis Airport would also serve the needs of students also attending University of Memphis, Mississippi State, Rhodes College (Memphis) Us struggling parents of College Students need a break on air fares and travel distances... Southwest Airlines is our PREFERRED and 1st Choice if at any way possible when making our travel plans. We think Southwest Airlines is bananas! The Top Dog! The "jefe"! Can you start in September???? Thanks tons and tons and tons! Continued Success!
Michael_Mercier
Explorer C
After being a long-time resident of Denver, and seeing the affect when Southwest comes to town, it would be very beneficial to Southwest to start using the Memphis airport. UA was the clear choice in Denver until LUV came to town. My family and I always flew Southwest even though I was employed by UA and had flight privileges. Please consider MEM as your next expansion!