Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lilly Pulitzer and a Southwest Plane Party

aeliasen
Employee
Employee

The following is a post from Southwest Airlines and Lilly Pulitzer lover, Lacey Maten. Lacey, along with her daughter Piper, were invited to celebrate Lilly Pulitzer’s birthday with a day full of surprises.

Just as Washington, D.C., started to get chilly and fall-like, we received an invitation to hop on a Southwest flight to Palm Beach. That alone made us jump for joy, but the fact that Lilly Pulitzer would be throwing a party at the gate and onboard took it to another level. My mother wore Lilly often and had me wearing it from the time I was a baby. I passed down the love of the bright resort wear to my daughter, Piper. We even have a few Lilly Pulitzer styles that have even been passed through generations.

Lilly1.jpgThe Lilly Pulitzer Southwest flight was to celebrate what would have been Lilly Pulitzer’s 84th birthday. No arm twisting required, we were in! We packed our new Lilly printed Expandable Weekender Travel Tote full of easy, mix-and-match Lilly clothes, perfect for travel. Nothing says Palm Beach like the timeless iconic Lilly prints and effortless styles.

We made our way toward the Southwest gate at Baltimore and could hear the DJ’s tunes in the distance. The smiles on our faces grew to epic proportions. We headed downstairs to Gate A3 and were greeted by Southwest and Lilly team members who were enthusiastic, fun, and helpful. Lilly was evident all over the place … coconut macaroons, music, Lilly prints, and even a talented Lilly artist painting live. It was absolutely fascinating to watch her canvas come to life.

We boarded the flight with the chicest gift bags and were welcomed by friendly Southwest crew members. During the flight, the Lilly team and Southwest crew kept the party going with a variety of fun giveaways. There were resort scarves, packable tote bags, accessories, and a Southwest gift card. Everyone on the flight was thrilled and couldn’t wait for each surprise to be revealed.

Lilly2.jpg

After a quick two hours, we arrived in Palm Beach and were welcomed once again by a bevy of Lilly beauties. And just like that we were off to explore Palm Beach looking right at home in all our Lilly gear. The entire experience was fabulous. A mother/daughter memory that will stay with us forever. Our takeaway? Play hooky, pack a bag full of Lilly, hop on a Southwest flight to someplace warm, and make some memories. Life is short, and we are inspired to try to live each day like a party! Thank you, Southwest and Lilly, for making it so easy.

—By Lacey Maten

Be sure to enter-to-win a $1,000 Lilly Pulitzer Shopping Spree and $500 Southwest Gift Card here before the sweepstakes ends on Tuesday, November 15.

Lacey Wearing: Georgia May Palazzo Pant in Coco Safari, Limonada Cashmere Wrap in True Navy

Piper Wearing: UPF 50+ Skipper Printed Popover in Coco Safari, Worth Skinny Jean in Resort White

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of 48 contiguous U.S. and D.C., excluding RI, age 18 at the time of entry. To enter and for Official Rules and Privacy Policy, visit the entry page here. Enter by November 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST.