Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Live at 35 With Andy Grammer

MillieT
Employee
Employee

The following post is from Southwest Flight Attendant Sandy Wittl.

I am a Phoenix-based Flight Attendant and my daughter, Jenna, is based in Denver. We had been trying to fly our first trip together for over a year. We finally made it happen and Jenna's good friend Katherine also joined us. What a crew! 

When we arrived on December 9 to check-in at the gate, we were told that our flight from Denver (DEN) to Sacramento (SMF) was hosting a Live at 35 concert with Andy Grammer. We were so surprised and excited to have this opportunity on one of our flights, but especially for a Live at 35 to happen on our first flight together! What an experience! The atmosphere and energy on board was amazing, and our Customers were so excited—not to mention the Crew, too! 

andy.jpg

Shortly after our inflight service Andy Grammer performed two hits, “Fresh Eyes” and “Honey I'm Good.” The plane went nuts! Andy is such a great performer, so personable, and willing to pose for pictures and sign autographs for everyone onboard. Each Customer on the flight also received 20,000 Rapid Reward points to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Chase Visa Rapid Rewards credit card. It was really awesome to see our Customers’ reaction and to be part of such a great event. I LUV that at Southwest Airlines, we do things that are totally different, fun, and stand out from the rest. I believe our Customers love that, too!  Thank you Southwest for a day that my daughter and I will never forget!

[video]