Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Now Open for Business: The Southwest Porch at Skyline Park in Denver

LindaRutherford
Employee
Employee

We’ve said it a number of different times in a number of different ways, and now we’re saying it again: Southwest Airlines LUVs Denver!  Today marks the official grand opening of The Southwest Porch at Skyline Park, located in the heart of Downtown Denver.  The Porch is an outdoor lounge that will provide Denver residents and visitors alike with a relaxing venue to enjoy some Southwest hospitality, along with Neapolitan-style pizzas from Denver’s own Brava! Pizzeria Della Strada, and drinks served up by Lannie’s Clocktower Cabaret.

We tapped the creative genius of Denver’s The Perfect Petal to custom design a Porch that would blend in nicely with the Mile High City’s beautiful surroundings, and we think they nailed it!  Check out the photos to see for yourself. 

I know, I know, we are an airline, so what’s up with opening up a Porch?  Well, if you know Southwest, then you know that we are much more than just an airline.  We are an integral part of the communities that we serve.  We make it our mission to engage the local communities we serve by partnering with organizations and finding ways to improve the quality of life where our Employees and our Customers work and live. 

In Denver, we've teamed up with the Denver Nuggets, the world-famous Red Rocks Amphitheater, the Downtown Denver Partnership, Denver's Rescue Mission, and Denver's Road Home, just to name a few.  We thought a Southwest Porch would be a natural extension of our commitment to the community in a lively and fun way.

Many of you are familiar with The Southwest Porch at Bryant Park in New York City, which we opened to celebrate our inaugural service into LaGuardia in June 2009.  Think similar concept, but the elements and design are specifically created with a local Denver flavor that will complement the Mile High City’s popular 16th Street Mall.

The Porch gives us an opportunity to enhance Denver's thriving downtown area in the heart of Skyline Park, where we've also sponsored movies and concerts.  It's also a way for us to display our unique personality, as well as thank Denver for embracing our rapid growth and our presence in the community.

So, whether you live in Denver or find yourself visiting the Front Range, I invite you to make your way to The Southwest Porch at Skyline Park.  I think you'll find it's worth the trip!

10 Comments
Anonymous2646
Explorer C
Would love to see it. sometime.
Kandis
Explorer C
Yet another reason to visit Denver ASAP!
Glenn_in_GSP
Explorer C
Cool! But, just wait til you guys are at GSP - I can DEFINITELY see a SW Porch popping up along the River Walk or on Main St.
Terry_Bird
Explorer C
Can't wait to give it a visit next time Kathy and I have a chance to go through Denver! Looks like a great time and great food awaits!
Paul_Phillips
Explorer C
What a great idea! Wouldn't it be super to have a Southwest Porch in Downtown San Antonio? It could be on the Riverwalk or on street level. Of course, there are plenty of partners to team up with...the Spurs, AT&T, Haven for Hope, and the list goes on. Need help, contact me. Paul Phillips, Rapid Reward Member
Chris_Baldwin
Explorer C
Love this idea as a marketer but wish I was in Denver to experience it firsthand. Great idea. Does SWA luv CLE too.
CAG
Explorer C
Going to Denver next month (on Southwest) to see the BAYLOR BEARS play CU. Will be sure to drop by. SUGGESTION: How about serving some good Tex-Mex cuisine to the Denver folks? My daughter (native Texan) lives in Denver and says there is a NEED for good Tex-Mex. Give your SOUTHWEST PORCH patrons something unique (to Denver) in addition to the pizza that they can already get from Denver’s own Brava! Pizzeria Della Strada.
Toni1
Explorer C
Hi. Have you been to this place? Sounds like a fun place - especially since Southwest Airlines is one of the partners.
Linda_Smith_Fli
Explorer C
I LUV THIS! Our passengers LUV us because we do stuff like this! It would be great to find a way to do something like this in EVERY city we fly to. Passengers were saying in Denver, "Does Southwest also love.....?" They wondered if we loved Oakland, and Portland etc? YES WE DO! I love the jetways and the marketing in Denver! THANK YOU MARKETING! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU GUYS! YOU ROCK!!!! I love being a flight attendant for us! If I couldn't fly I'd love to join your team! MMMMMMWUH! KISSES! HUGS! and GRATITUDE! You all are so impressive!
Griz
Explorer C
Ok, we get it. You love Denver! But maybe we should see other people :) -Griz.