Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thanksgiving with Carole

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the pleasure and rare opportunity to fly a three-day trip over Thanksgiving with fellow blogger Carole Adams.  Since Carole and I are based in different Southwest cities and our seniority is quite different, along with the fact that Pilots and Flight Attendants rarely spend more than one day together, a full three-day trip is almost unheard of.  Carole is the consumate professional.  She is always impeccably dressed, has the greatest personality, and is cheerful and fun to be around 24/7.  I am fanatical about ontime performance (especially during the Holidays when so many people depend on Southwest to get them to family and friends).  Having Carole as one of our Flight Attendants made the boarding process go very smoothly, and she does a wonderful job of getting Customers on and off the plane quickly and efficiently.  During the 14 flights we made those three days, we were only tardy once and were as much as 15 minutes early on one flight. Our Thanksgiving was spent in Tampa (TPA) after getting up very early in Detroit (DTW) and flying five legs.  We arrived in Tampa about 4:00PM and drove to our hotel which is situated on a beautiful cove overlooking Tampa Bay.  Southwest has an agreement, as part of our contract with the hotels that we utilize that on Holidays, that the hotel will provide Crew Members with a traditional holiday dinner on our arrival.  Since the restaurant at this particular hotel has a seafood theme, I was skeptical as to what "traditional" might mean.  We were served an outstanding dinner with salad, roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, veggies, cranberry sauce, sage dressing and pumpkin pie (Carole wouldn't share her pie!!).  The wonderful meal and the beautiful view of the sun setting over Tampa Bay made it a picture perfect evening.  I would have preferred to have been home with my wife, son, and relatives who were gathered at my house, but I was very thankful that I got to spend the day with members of my Southwest Family, as I am sure there were people around the country that couldn't be with any loved ones on this special day.  So to Carole, Donna, Linda and Phil thanks for a great time and a fun filled three-day trip.
17 Comments