Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

‘Tis the Season for Change

kdelevett
Employee
Employee

As I’m writing this post and getting ready for the Thanksgiving holiday, I can watch the gold and orange leaves fall to the ground outside of my office.  It doesn’t seem like over a year ago I wrote, “The ABC’s of the Southwest Airlines’ Corporate Community Affairs Team.”  Time has zipped by, and I’m no longer the new kid on the block.  As with the change of seasons, the team has a few exciting announcements, and I wanted to share the great news on the blog!

Now called “Community Affairs & Grassroots,” our team’s core mission of championing causes that matter most in the communities we serve hasn’t changed.  What has undeniably changed is the addition of our six special Team members: Monica Whalin, Patty Kryscha, Ana Schwager, Jane McAtee, Alison Hoefler, and Jacque Mallard.  What used to be a mighty all-female cast of seven is now a powerhouse baker’s dozen--with a combined 177 years of experience at Southwest!

A FEW MUST-KNOWS:

Monica, our go-to lady for all Legislative Communications & Grassroots program efforts, LUVS skiing, traveling, shopping, and Dallas’ restaurant Fireside Pies.

If you can’t find Patty dining at a mom and pop Italian restaurant in Chicago, you may catch her working with our community partners in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Boston, New York, Long Island, and Pittsburgh.  One thing’s for sure, you won’t find Patty at a chain restaurant.

Ana, who’ll be busy forging relationships in St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, and Omaha, can’t get enough hot tamales and likes globe trotting to New York and Paris…ahh, Parreee!

If Jane isn’t spreading the Southwest LUV in Denver or Kansas City, you may find her in Aspen or on the green hitting a hole in one.

When Chef Alison isn’t baking, watching the Food Network, or dining at Carnegie Deli in New York, she’ll be making waves in the Jacksonville, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, Panama City, and Jackson communities.

Jacque, who has a hankering for big steaks and HOT Krispy Krème donuts (not at the same time), will be supporting our team from Dallas headquarters.

This Thanksgiving, I’m most thankful for my family, friends, and team
Frauleins: Laura, Lidia, Chris, Jackie, Karen, Anabell, Patty, Ana, Jane, Alison, Jacque, Monica, Laurie, and Linda.  

Happy "Gobble Gobble" to you and your families.

3 Comments