Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What does Southwest Airlines Give Me the Freedom to DO? Gordon Guillory

gguillory
Adventurer C
Southwest not only gives me the Freedom to Fly across the country, it gives me the Freedom to move around the Company. It gives me the Freedom to simply be myself. I've been working here at SWA for ten years, and from day one, I felt the sense of family. I have friends in many different Departments within our Company, and Southwest gives me the Freedom to visit them at any time.
13 Comments
FriendofBlogBoy
Frequent Flyer B
Gordon, Isn't it amazing that the more "freedom" we're given, the more enthusiastic we become? Micromanagers of the world, take note! Empowering people in your organization does NOT lead to hasty and ill-considered actions -- it actually leads to people being MORE conscientious and loyal to your corporate ideals. Don't worry about "losing control", since if you hire quality folks like Gordon, you will get quality results. You're a real asset to Southwest, Gordon, and I appreciate what you do! Kim External Blog Boy 🙂
gguillory
Adventurer C
Thanks Kim...
Leah4
Frequent Flyer B
I certainly won't be afraid to be my very outgoing self whenever I go to work for SWA! That's one reason why I LUV the Company-employees can be funny on the job. I wouldn't have nearly as much fun if I worked for another AAirline (& not just that AAirline, but others, too). I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about! Thanks, Gordon! Keep up the great work! SWA LUV 🙂
joe-mdw-plane-d
Frequent Flyer C
You applied for Skybus(t) Leah??? Oh wait, I know which AAirline you meant, the other one in Dallas. Now with free usb cable. Ding! boy Joe
FriendofBlogBoy
Frequent Flyer B
Joe!! There is only ONE airline in Dallas, and it is the one that we all LUV. The other aairline, which our deaar Leah would NEVER aaply to, is in Fort Worth!! That's because years ago, Herb hitched up his gunbelt, tilted his stetson to one side and said, "There ain't room enough in this town for TWO airlines", so they went scurrying away to Tarrant County. Or so the legend goes... I think I got that story Wright, Kim 🙂
Leah4
Frequent Flyer B
Ha, ha Joe! 🙂 You're right on the AAirline name. The chances that I will ever apply to work at that other AAirline in DAL are as high as it snowing on my birthday, which is in July! P.S. I have a joke. What sorority would (future) Southwest employees never join? Delta Delta Delta! Ha, ha. 🙂
Marcia
Explorer C
Gordon, I fly out of Hartford,Ct........my FREEDOM to fly to the city of FREEDOM,Philadelphia PA has been taken away.Any chance the service from Hartford to Philadelphia would be restored in the near future?I know there are flights from Providence,RI.to PHILADELPHIA but Hartford is only 20 minutes from our home(we would save on gas dollars)! We use our connection in Philadelphia to visit our daughter and her husband in Wilmington,DELAWARE and they used your service to visit us as well. The freedom to visit each other has been curtailed. Can you help? Marcia
Leah4
Frequent Flyer B
Yes, Southwest is the only airline I really LUV! The Company gives me the freedom to be my funny, outgoing self! I cannot wait to board my flight to MCO next Friday, the 20th! I'm counting down the days! Mary, I'll be watching to see if I can see you working at any gates when I change in STL. Maybe you can request to be at mine. I arrive at 8:35 am & leave at 11:20. 🙂 Of course, I don't know yet which gate I leave from. SWA is So Wonderfully Awesome 🙂
joe-mdw-plane-d
Frequent Flyer C
Leah, Don't forget that our very own blog boy spent many moons at that sorority. Fortunatly he saw the light is is now better off because of it. Due to massive delays as all available cargo aircraft are arriving, all departure aircraft out of Dal are on a groundstop. Brian has run out of candycorn and placed a major order. Adoro candycorn- Brian Lusk Ding! boy Joe
blusk
Aviator C
Ah Tri-Delts! I was acquainted with a few, and incidentally, Leah, one of our Vice Presidents is a former Tri-Delt. Blog Boy
Leah4
Frequent Flyer B
Ah, Ding! Boy & Blog Boy! Ha, ha. 🙂 I have a cousin who was a Tri Delta. She graduated already.
Nasheka_Powell
Explorer C
Howdy Gordon, I'm from Beaumont!!! Anyhow, great post. It's good to see that having a great job with a great company can truly be a reality!!
Nasheka_Powell
Explorer C
Gordon, As I continued to read other posts in this blog, it's amazing to read about the number of employees that are as enthusiastic about what they do. It was so refreshing to read this information. I can see why so many people are applying to Southwest. Although I'm not in the airline industry, I share the same enthusiasm with you and your co-workers. I work for a great agency and am surrounded by people who love what they do and do it VERY well! It's an environment similar to Southwest --- empowering, fulfilling and fun!