Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Certapet ESA Letter

MicheleB71
Explorer C

I will be traveling soon, have anxiety in social situations and would like to fly my dog with me as an emotional support animal.   Does anyone have experience with Certapet for ESA letters and flying Southwest?   Thank you for any assistance....

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Certapet ESA Letter

dfwskier
Aviator A

Afternoon. I know nothing about Certapet, but here are the rules. Perhaps you can compare them to what Certapet has told you to answer your own question.

https://www.southwest.com/assets/pdfs/customer_service/emotional_animal_travel_instructions.pdf

tdeslaurier
Explorer C

I tried once, and I had a terrible experience with certapet. I applied on their website and never got a call from the doctor for my evaluation, and I was asked to present my ESA letter along with my airline form 48 hours before my flight. After waiting for 3 days I gave up all my hopes of getting a call from the doctor tried to find an alternative to get a quick recommendation, Luckily I found Fast ESA Letter, who helped me to get a recommendation within an hour. I called their customer support and they told me that the average time to get an ESA letter is 24 hours, Since  I was in a hurry I requested to make it quick and the support guy accepted my request and forwarded it to the doctor, and after consultation with doctor the guy on the phone assured me that I would get my recommendation along with my airline form within one hour. But, they only took 45 minutes, which was an even lesser period than I asked for.I this you should give these guys a try if you are looking quick recommendation or if you are not in hurry you can choose certapet.

kwelch
Explorer C

Did the Fast ESA letter provide a good letter? I'm looking for a company for a letter, and I was wondering if Fast ESA would be a good choice.

joseholmes
Explorer C

Mine had worked fine. I have traveled with twice with my support dog, and I have not gotten into any problem yet.