Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Common Sense for pre-boarding with handicap son

Gators97
Explorer C

Thank **Bill** at Orlondo Gate 109 on flight 3395 to Birmingham. When asked if we could have an additional helper for my husband boarding our 15yo handicap wheelchair bound son, he said, “Sure”. Policy of one helper per pre-boarder is a policy but should also be executed with common sense. We wheeled our son close to the plane. My 17yo daughter lift him onto the plane while my husband breaks down the wheelchair for under the plane stowage. My 11 yo and I wait to board with regular boarding. An act of common sense and compassion will often be overlooked for the loud complaining customer. Complaining customer who are quick to email or call before a flight is even pushed away from the gate. We are the opposite. We are emailing/writing in a forum to say THANK YOU for you use of common sense, ***Bill***. YOU are the customer service which makes my husband and I buy stocks in Southwest Airlines and fly it whenever we can. Thank you Sir!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Common Sense for pre-boarding with handicap son

bec102896
Aviator A

@Gators97 

So glad to hear bill in Orlando provided excellent service. I highly recommend you send in your thanks to southwest directly so they can pass on the thanks to bill and his managers. Submitting a Customer Service Compliment 

Hope this helps

Blake

Gators97
Explorer C

Thanks for the link. Searched and searched on not so smart phone and kept getting link to call someone. Since it wasn’t urgent, saw no need to call. Appreciate you!

Gators97
Explorer C

Blake- maybe it’s my phone, but when I went to the link, it pulls up a forum q&a. I will do what is suggested. But thank you!! The response was:

Answer

Thank you for joining the Southwest Community! The Community is a great place for Customers to share experiences and information with each other, but it is not a platform where we’re able to process Customer Service compliments and/or kudos for our Employees.

Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or call us at 1-855-234-4654 so we can give your feedback the time and consideration it deserves.

bec102896
Aviator A

@Gators97 

The Q&A is to give you the best contact methods to let Southwest know directly about your great experience because this is primarily a customer to customer forum so we can’t pass on the thanks although we can say great job bill this is why i LUV Southwest. 

If you have Twitter that’s the easiest way to let Southwest know how much you appreciate Bill since you won’t have to wait on hold to send a message/tweet. 

Hope this helps

Blake