Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rude Flight Attendant CPAP JOKE

Lambchops
Explorer C

Since there is no email contact for filing a complaint..

Hello Southwest Airlines-

I am writing you inregards to an emabarrassing experience I had last week on one of your flights.  Specifically, on Thursday, October 4, 2018, I was flying on Flight #2106 from Sacramento to Denver.  It was a full flight and on scheduled time arrival.  I was flying with my wife to see our daughter who attends college in Boise, Idaho. The flight was very smooth with no air turbulence and we were on time to our gate.  I was able to watch football using the WiFi provided by your airline and enjoyed talking football with one of the male flight attendant who provided service in the back portion of the cabin.   We had a great conversation about football.  In the past, your staff have always been polite and respectful. That’s why chose Southwest.

When I fly, I prefer to sit in the middle of the airplane in the aisle seat.  I am pretty large man and require some leg room.  As the the remaining fifty or so passengers were getting off the airplane, it was my turn to gather my carry on bag and my medical CPAP machine bag in the overhead compartment.  The airline was half empty and as I was saying “thank you” to the remaining flight attendants, a blonde middle aged female flight attendant yelled “we have a snorer”. She believed she was being funny.  I was speechless and extremly embarrassed that she said this to me and infront of passengers  I stopped to advise her the medical equipment is a nessestity for me to stay alive due to my sleep apnea diagnosis.  She did not even care what I had to say.  The flight attendant recognized once I addressed her rudeness, that she was in the wrong. She never ven apologized to me.  I continued to walk off the plane with my face in complete embarrassment and anger.  Her comment was not necessary at all.

I have a choice of what airline to fly when traveling to seemy daughter in Boise or flying to Los Angeles to see my son.  I am hoping you can address the flight attendant and maybe provide her with some sensitivity training and ensure she follows policy when adressing medical needs for a paying customer.  

Sincerely long time customer but first time complainer!

Eric 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rude Flight Attendant CPAP JOKE

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If it happened as you said, the comment was certainly not appropriate.

This is a customer to customer forum. So your comment here is not a complaint to the airline. I'd suggest that you copy your post and insert in an e-mail to Southwest. Details on how to send an e-mail are located on the top left of the contact us web page. It would be hepful to include the name of the attendant who used the snorter comment, if you know it.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Lambchops
Explorer C

Click on the link you provided..... There is no email.....  this is the best I could do to share my bad experience.  The airline that day knows who the flight attendant was....  there was only three of them.

i appreciate your response...

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Lambchops wrote:

Click on the link you provided..... There is no email.....  this is the best I could do to share my bad experience.  The airline that day knows who the flight attendant was....  there was only three of them.

i appreciate your response...

If you click on the "Email Us" button on the left hand side, it will open up a dialog to send a webmail message. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

AdamH
Retired Community Manager

You may also reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook to formally record your complaint. Thank you for sharing.