Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Transporting Walker

Mothrload
Explorer C

When bringing a walker or rollator with you when you fly, should you use a bag to cover it like you would a childs carseat to protect the brake cables and handles?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Transporting Walker

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Certainly wouldn't be a bad idea, just to make sure a cable doesn't get caught on any machinery or another bag. You can bring your own bag or the car seat bag Southwest sells at the check-in counter might work. @elijahbrantley or @DancingDavidE can you comment about the Southwest bags? Would a walker fit?

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Our stroller and car seat fit in one blue bag, most likely it would be ample space for a walker or similar device.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Certainly wouldn't be a bad idea, just to make sure a cable doesn't get caught on any machinery or another bag. You can bring your own bag or the car seat bag Southwest sells at the check-in counter might work. @elijahbrantley or @DancingDavidE can you comment about the Southwest bags? Would a walker fit?

--TheMiddleSeat

If the walker folds up flat it may even seem too roomy, grab some of the excess fabric and tuck it in around the walker to make it easier to handle. 

This reminds me of a recent trip where the gate agent actually had taken our stroller out and unfolded it so it was baby-ready before we even got off the plane. Kicktail for you! I think that was DTW, I've forgotten with so many trips last year. Maybe BWI.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.