Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

4.25 hour delay - again

Cbateson
Explorer C

I’ve never done this before but I’m just fed up.  My 3:30 departure from ATL to LAX just got delayed - again - to 7:45.  Exact same thing happened to me two months ago coming this way.  The $100 travel voucher doesn’t come close to compensating me for the frustration and disruption to my life.

When I first moved from NYC to LA five years ago I was excited to be able to fly SWA a lot more.  I used to love Southwest because all the employees are so nice and I love picking my own seat.  But mostly I loved that SWA flights were usually on time.  I have seen this get worse and worse since then and now I halfway expect it.   Either mechanical issues or delayed inbound plane.  Whatever it is, SWA may as well be American at this point.  

I plan to never fly SWA again.  Enough is enough. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 4.25 hour delay - again

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry you were delayed! 

ALL airlines have delays these days sorry your flight had a long delay but all airlines have long delays at times as some things happen that are out of the airlines control and some that the airline can Control.

if you would like to speak with southwest about your recent experience you can reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 or you can message southwest on twitter 

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Fly early if you can, regardless of airline. I think Southwest (and others) tend to take a hit as the day goes on.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

I've worked in the airline industry for many years (never for Southwest, unfortunately) and delays, sometimes long delays, are something that happens at EVERY airline.

You are obviously free to fly whichever airline you choose but you won't get the same great Customer service that Southwest gives you anywhere else. Trust me.