Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Awe-mazinggg Customer Service at FLL - Special thanks to Ms. Nicole and Ms. Ingrid

jdeg88
Explorer C

So this just happened this morning. I came from an int’l flight from Lima from a diff. airline and was connecting in FLL for my flight back to Houston with Southwest. It was a pretty tight connection to begin with and I was dismayed when I got to Customs as it was a nightmare of a line!!! They said that they had just gotten 1400 passengers land in the last hour. It was ridic! Anyways, I was in line with them for so long that I panicked and decided to cancel my flight so I would get the travel funds back at the very least bec. I knew there was no way I was going to make it in time... and I didn’t. That’s where it all went wrong. I got to the counter, requested for them to rebook me on another flight home explaining to them what happened. Initially, they said they couldn’t help as I canceled my flight and was already refunded the fare and that I was going to have to book a whole other flight which would have been a hefty $400+ difference! I would have rather slept at the airport than pay that amount! I thought that was the end of it. I was mentally hitting myself in the head several times for making that $400 mistake bec. apparently they said if I hadn’t canceled the flight they would’ve honored it and reaccommodated me within 2 hours of the departure. I honestly didn’t know that that was a thing/rule/policy! Lesson learned, for sure. Thankfully, the awesome cust. service reps at the counter, particularly, Ms. Nicole (Rodrigues, I think was her last name) and her supervisor, Ms. Ingrid Hunt, helped this weary traveler out and made some calls, and... bam! I was on the next flight out, just like that. I was soooooo relieved, needless to say, like, $400 off-my-chest relieved, and, of course, extremely grateful to them! Southwest has always been good to me and staff like Ms. Nicole and Ms. Ingrid definitely make it a good experience! I hope they get to read this and that everyone who does in the community will be inspired by this and the sheer good faith that are still in people around us. I am beyond thankful, Southwest! I will be flying with you guys many times over for sure! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

1 REPLY 1

Re: Awe-mazinggg Customer Service at FLL - Special thanks to Ms. Nicole and Ms. Ingrid

bec102896
Aviator A

So glad they were able to help get you booked on the next flight without you having to pay a crazy fare difference. 

Feel free to send on your thank you to southwest in a DM on twitter or Facebook so they can pass on your thanks to those great employees! 

Blake