Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does SW plan service to Colorado Springs?

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

For many years I have flown SW to Denver or Alberqurque to get to places that are much closer to the Springs.  Is there a plan to fly there at some point?  The COS airport is a modern, full sewrvice airport.  It seems that this is a year round destination for businesses and lisure travelers.  Would love to see a Southwest plane on the tramac, especially if it arrived from or waas headed to DAL non-stop.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Does SW plan service to Colorado Springs?

SWDigits
Aviator A
I have to imagine that Southwest has some way to track route requests so you may want to get in touch with Southwest using one of the methods listed here:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

The linked page states, in part, "Please reach out to our Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or call us at 1-855-234-4654 so we can give your feedback the time and consideration it deserves."

Customer | Home airport DCA

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@Jwalsh3rd  Southwest flying into COS would be a dream come true. I get a little excited whenever I see SW planes landing there due to thunderstorms in Denver, but realize it's just a diversion. I've mentioned it to the employees who run the Southwest Community during our meetings more than a few times and I know they pass along ideas, hopefully someday it'll happen.

--TheMiddleSeat

earcuri
Explorer C

I fly at least twice per month and would love this.  I live on the north end of the Springs and drive to DIA *because* of Southwest, not because I like DIA  🙂

Whenever I have to go to Europe or APAC I just fly out of Colorado Springs because of the convenience and I can't fly SWA, so no point in driving all the way to Denver.  

Ryanide
Explorer C

I heard someone at the COS airport tell me that the concourse that is on the right side of the airport (the one with 5 or 6 gates that you can see from the single concouse windows looking east) was built for Southwest Airlines.  But, they have yet to come to the Springs.  It just sits there waiting for that day.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Ryanide wrote:

I heard someone at the COS airport tell me that the concourse that is on the right side of the airport (the one with 5 or 6 gates that you can see from the single concouse windows looking east) was built for Southwest Airlines.  But, they have yet to come to the Springs.  It just sits there waiting for that day.

I doubt it.

More likely for Western Pacific.

Mj82
Explorer C

I’ve been on a Frontier flight from Colorado Springs to San Antonio and saw several Southwest planes at the gates. So very sad I couldn’t be on one. I absolutely love flying in and out of a smaller airport. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Mj82 wrote:

I’ve been on a Frontier flight from Colorado Springs to San Antonio and saw several Southwest planes at the gates. So very sad I couldn’t be on one. I absolutely love flying in and out of a smaller airport. 

Southwest's diversions from Denver frequently end up at the Springs. Myguess is that is what you saw.

Sheilat414
Explorer C

I have family that lives right outside of COS and we have property out there and go back and forth from Dallas all the time. I hate taking AA but it's many times the best/only option. You'd absolutely have our business if you all flew there! We would love to see that! 

charliej36
Explorer B

Not soon enough in my opinion.