Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non-stop flights from SMF to BNA!!

Cole625
Explorer C

Yes please! I know several of our friends and family that would travel on southwest more out of Sacramento Intl if there were non stop flights to Nashville. Are there any plans to add this non-stop route? With Amazon going into Nashville at a large capacity, it might be advantageous for Southwest. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Non-stop flights from SMF to BNA!!

mpcole23
Explorer C

Great idea! Went to Nashville three times last year and a direct flight would be ideal. 

Looking forward to going again and would prefer a direct flight with Southwest.  

@Cole625 wrote:

Yes please! I know several of our friends and family that would travel on southwest more out of Sacramento Intl if there were non stop flights to Nashville. Are there any plans to add this non-stop route? With Amazon going into Nashville at a large capacity, it might be advantageous for Southwest. 

clmarcum
Explorer C

We have lots of family and friends traveling from Sacramento to Nashville multiple times a year. A nonstop flight on SW would be awesome!

rpk1963
Explorer C

I don't know exactly when the started but if you book in may there are direct flights from SMF to BNA.  I booked one end of may round trip

SWDigits
Aviator A

@rpk1963 good find!

@Cole625 here is a link with the Southwest flight schedule pre-poluted for flights between SMF and BNA.  There is a nonstop on April 28th then if you click to move the schedule to the next week it looks like the daily nonstop service starts on May 5th.

The flight schedule tool and the low fare calendar are the best, I appreciate that Southwest makes them available.  Fly safe!

Customer | Home airport DCA

Cole625
Explorer C

How exciting!!! Thank you so much!

rpk1963
Explorer C

Yeah first non stop I see that you can book from SMF => BNA is Sunday May 5th.  Looks to be pretty much daily from that point forward.  Gonna be great to make that trip in 4 hours with no plane change!!!!

Cole625
Explorer C

Does anyone know why the non stops are no longer flying to/from SMF/BNA? They seemed to only last a month or so. Are they coming back??

SWDigits
Aviator A
As another customer I am *guessing* that the grounding of the MAX may be a contributing factor. See the following article that references the end of operations at Newark EWR:

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2019/07/25/southwest-737-max-grounding-leads-e...

Customer | Home airport DCA

Lenfishman
Explorer B

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It was announced and then disappeared!