Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non stop flights

stardancer
Explorer C

I have noticed that Southwest doesn't offer as many non-stop flights from Phoenix to Omaha and Omaha to Phoenix any more. The flights they offer are @ 5 in the morning and late at night.  There used to be more time options.  What happened??  I have been flying Southwest for years but my last 2 trips were with American because they have a better selection of non- stop flights. I certainly hope they bring back more options again!

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Non stop flights

Kviani
Explorer C

I also noticed that Southwest has stopped non stop flights from Hartford, Ct to Las Vegas.  There use to be one a day and now there are none.  I have always traveled non stop to Las Vegas from Hartford with Southwest and now just booked 3 tickets  with layovers.   Also trying to look for non stop from Vegas to Hartford over the holidays and there are none.  Why the change? Everytime I was on the non stop flight it was full...  Does Southwest read these discussions? I was hoping to get an answer from them.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Yes, we do read these conversations, and we love being able to engage with Customers through the discussion forum! 

The schedule changes a bit every time it's released. We work hard to make sure we're creating schedule that accommodate as many folks as possible with a limited number of aircraft. Still, I'm sorry that some of the routes you liked best have disappeared, and hopefully they'll make a return in future schedule releases. Keep the comments coming, they give us great insight. 🙂

chris1952
Explorer C

The non-stop service from HOU to Portland, OR, NYC, etc has been very frustrating. Otherwise loyal customers are using United, Delta, etc. I have actually watched this with co-workers. C'mon, SWA, lets get moving on the non-stops fro the long hauls! surely at elast a single flight a day from the 4th largest city in the USA would be filled!  Thanks!! 

chris1952
Explorer C

The non-stop service from HOU to Portland, OR, NYC, etc has been very frustrating. Otherwise loyal customers are using United, Delta, etc. I have actually watched this with co-workers. C'mon, SWA, lets get moving on the non-stops for the long hauls! Surely at leaast a single non-stop flight a day to every location over 700 miles away  from the 4th largest city in the USA would be filled!  Thanks!! 

patpug12
Explorer C

Pleasse bring back hartford to las vegas nonstop I do this flight 12 times a year with my husband it is the most convenient flught there is you are the only that offers it I would make an effort to add more rather then get rid of... 

Mimidenden
Explorer C

I totally agree.  I have flown SW Nonstop to Vegas too many times to count.   I have not been to Vegas since last April. 2018. I can't find any nonstop flights, so we opt out of going.   They are actually losing business because of this.  Rarely were we ever on a nonstop from either BDL >LAS or LAS>BDL that was not a full flight.   Often times over-booked.  Years ago you could get nonstop from Manchester, NH too.  So I flew both airports, just because I wanted the nonstop.  There must be some odd reasoning at the corporate level for this, but what behooves me.  You don't take a consistent full flight and then ditch it?  Somebody made a poor executive decision here and hopefully, it will be rectified.  I love Southwest, but this morning my husband literally asked me if we should switch our business credit card to Jetblue!  I hope someone is watching the hen house here!  You're losing a lot of your "good eggs."

xeniadif
Explorer C

We also have used Southwest for non stop flights from Cleveland to Las Vegas. We are seeing they are not availble as before. My husband has gotten a United Card hoping that we can use them to Vegas. I just do not understand why Southwest has limited their non stops to and from Vegas. Looking in June and not much available.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@xeniadif wrote:

We also have used Southwest for non stop flights from Cleveland to Las Vegas. We are seeing they are not availble as before. My husband has gotten a United Card hoping that we can use them to Vegas. I just do not understand why Southwest has limited their non stops to and from Vegas. Looking in June and not much available.

Unfortunately, all carrier's services out of CLE continue to condense. 😞

With the end of Southwest non-stops to Vegas (may be seasonal and return in the fall, I haven't seen any official announcement of the end of non-stop service), your only options are Frontier and Spirit. (United doesn't do non-stop CLE-LAS.)

I've flown Frontier CLE-LAS many times. Spring for "The Works" package, and you'll get an extra-legroom seat, carry on and checked bags, seat selection and full refundability for less (often much less) than Southwest charges for a WGA (non-refundable) fare with a connection. The timing of the non-stops is a bit odd... they do a red eye LAS-CLE, which may not be to everyone's taste.

Alternately, Frontier's "regular" seats are a bit cramped, but even after paying for bags can be very, very inexpensive.

I've flown Spirit once, and will never again. 😉

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for your frustration with the changes in nonstop service between CLE and LAS in June. While we always want to fly when and where our Customers want to go, we have to maximize our flight schedule based on demand. We are constantly reevaluating our performance in all of the markets we serve so we appreciate your feedback. I find the easiest way to scan the schedule is by switching to the weekly view at https://www.southwest.com/air/flight-schedules/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES. From there you can see which days offer nonstop service. 

Nicole
Community Manager