Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non stop in september

Jenmarie1203
Explorer C

Trying to plan a vacation from ewr (Newark) to mco (Orlando) in September 2018 but there’s only one non stop flight each way.  Both at inopportune times.   We are traveling with my daughter who will be 15 months old so a nonstop is definitely needed.  Anyone know if more times will be released as it gets closer or is that it?? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non stop in september

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

From what I have seen over time usually once the schedule is set they don't add additional flights unless someone buys a charter plane and those flights aren't sold to the General public. On occasion I see additional flights added in emergency situations such as a hurricane or a fun case like the super bowl but not for oh there is only one non stop flight let's add an additional one. they would look at those stats later on for future scheduling purposes 

Hope this helps 

Blake  

Re: Non stop in september

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A

Have you considered leaving from Philadelphia instead? From PHL, Southwest has at least four Saturday non-stops to Orlando in September. It may be worth the longer trip to the airport if it saves you the hassle of connecting.