Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Best Practices

Taglwagner
Explorer C

I was so psyched when Randall (supervisor in San Diego) told me to sit down and shut up.  The flight was delayed and they gave very little information.  I would never have guessed the best way to deal with a customer is to tell them to shut up.  I am going to use this in the future.  “I know I missed expectations I set and am not telling you when I will deliver, but shut up.”

Randall and Southwest are an inspiration to us all!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel Best Practices

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Thanks for the sarcasm. If you have some constructive criticism or would like an issue addressed, I'm sure Southwest would love to have you contact them via an official customer service channel such as Twitter (@SouthwestAir), the old fashioned telephone call, or you could even write a lovely letter and mail via USPS. 

Re: Travel Best Practices

Taglwagner
Explorer C

Hi MiddleSeat,

I did submit this to customer service via email.  I don’t use Twitter, so no tweet here.

As for constructive criticism, you make a good point.  I should have said, “Under no circumstance should you tell a customer to sit down and shut up.  Definitely a bad move when you have delayed their flight because of a mysterious maintenance problem.  Also, when you are past the updated time that you said the flight would arrive and it hasn’t, you should expect some customer dissatisfaction.  Telling them shut up is problem the worst move in this situation.”

How was that?  Did it hit the mark?