Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unusable promotion codes on SouthwestVacation site

JasonW
Explorer C

Hey Southwest--your southwestvacations.com website has serious and longstanding problems with promotion codes being unusable. Specifically, when I try to use promo codes, taking care to satisfy the criteria stated in the promotion, most of the time I receive the following error message:

“The promotion is not valid for the criteria selected. Please verify the promotional code used as well as its booking requirements and resubmit.” 

The problem happened last year when I was trying to book a vacation to Orlando, and again today as I futilely tried to book a vacation with the GOMEX promotion code. I’ve tried everything possible to make the promo codes work--varying the number of passengers, departure dates, length of travel, departure city--all to no avail. In fact, I've called Customer Care on multiple occasions to seek assistance, and even your own agents can’t get the promotion codes to work! Quite frustrating.

Take it from a loyal customer--the southwestvacations.com website needs an overhaul to get the promotion codes working correctly, and you’re losing business with the current system.

Thanks,

JasonW

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unusable promotion codes on SouthwestVacation site

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @JasonW,

I'm sorry you've had a frustrating experience trying to book through Southwest Vacations. I tried the GOMEX promotion code myself on this page and was able to get it to work. 

For assistance from representatives who work specifically with Southwest Vacations, you can reach out through one of the channels listed on this page

I hope these options help - your business is important to us, and we'd love nothing more than to take you on a tropical vacation.